Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way global enterprises use information technology and we are powering the next generation of global business leaders. From start-ups to multi-national corporations and governments, more than 1 million active customers trust AWS every month as their cloud platform.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are extremely smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Readiness Manager, focused on launching new services and features into Amazon Dedicated Cloud Solution (ADC) regions, or isolated/special regions. The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and innovative environment, and brings strong experience managing projects and programs, leading cross-functional teams, managing risk, and driving change. As an Operational Readiness Manager, you will be responsible for organizing and managing the process to ensure that ADC Support teams are ready and able to provide world class customer support for the launch of new products/services that launch in region. You will collaborate cross-functionally with AWS service (product) teams, AWS region engineering and product managers, marketing, training, and ADC region support teams to ensure employees are trained and operationally ready for the launch of new service and features. You will bring strengths in continuous improvement, breakthrough thinking, and play a significant role in driving and managing the readiness of our global support team to keep pace with the launch of each new product/service.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate effectively with AWS Service teams, marketing, subject matter experts (SMEs) and others on the AWS Support team to develop technical training, knowledgebase content, and ensure completion of key operational readiness requirements for the launch of new services and features.
• Manage multiple projects and programs concurrently, with shifting timelines.
• Leverage rapid, agile development techniques
• Foster strong relationships with teams across AWS, leading and influencing others effectively to achieve cross-functional alignment on goals and successful product/service launch execution
• Perform needs analyses using available data and evaluate program results to continuously improve readiness and the customer experience with support on new services and features
• Establish processes, tools, and tracking/reporting mechanisms to streamline and simplify launch preparations and readiness.
• Work effectively with stakeholders distributed across global time zones.
About the team
Launch Operations ensures AWS Support engineers and agents have the training, tools, and resources to support our customers as soon as new services and features are available.
This is an opportunity to work with a broad set of global stakeholders across AWS and have an impact on the experience of Support employees and AWS customers.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We’re a hybrid team who is happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a program management role or similar along with project management and coordination experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, education, technical or related field. In lieu of degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
- US citizenship required.
• Excellent project management and organization skills.
• Experience aligning diverse stakeholders to manage risk and change in fast-moving environments.
• Experience with technical customer service organizations.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to gain support for programs and initiatives.
• Strong judgment and decision making; attention to detail and organization skill.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $85,800-150,100/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.