Edquity (11-50 Employees, 50% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company focused on redesigning the safety net to provide cash for all Americans in need. Edquity does this in higher education, where we streamline access to emergency aid for college students, and in partnership with state and municipal governments, where we create a fast and equitable infrastructure to administer cash benefits to the individuals who need it most. Our methodology harnesses the collective power of sociology, behavioral science, and technology to address common pitfalls, including racial bias, inefficiency, compliance risk, and lack of transparency and monitoring. To date, Edquity has administered over $100 million in government funding to more than 100,000 recipients and has demonstrated that we improve key societal outcomes, such as graduation rate, by as much as 2x.
The organization has raised over $8M in funding and is scaling rapidly to administer hundreds of millions in emergency cash assistance to students and low-income Americans in need.
To help us grow to support hundreds of thousands of college students across the country, Edquity is seeking a Regional Director of Partnership Development (Sales) to help scale Edquity’s partner base. This position is a foundational role and is ultimately responsible for growing Edquity’s middle- and bottom-of-funnel sales initiatives. The ideal candidate will have domain expertise and the ability to foster new relationships with key front-line, director-level, and executive stakeholders in higher education.
The successful candidate will have a client solution-focused approach, has the capability to develop a deep understanding of prospective accounts and their school, enrollment, and financial objectives, and has the tenacity to continually develop new accounts and new business.
The RD will ideally possess 7+ years of sales, or business development in roles working with the higher education industry. The successful candidate will have a proven record of success prospecting, identifying new client opportunities, solving prospect challenges, securing new accounts, and exceeding sales quotas. Established relationships with enrollment management, financial aid, student affairs, and other higher education executives is considered a major asset.
- Sales and Business Development (65%):
- Cultivate a sales pipeline of higher education clients, consortium-related sales, and recurring revenue.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process from early discovery, proposal, closing, and negotiation
- Execute strategies for shortening the sales cycle, optimizing pricing, and maximizing revenue.
- Assist in crafting RFPs and RFP responses as needed.
- Complete stakeholder mapping and prospect research that involves the development of relationships at a senior level within higher education.
- Strategic Partnership Development (20%):
- Develop and manage external relationships with associations and other relevant higher education consortiums for brand development, thought leadership, and sales-related activities.
- Develop and manage external relationships with foundations and other sources of philanthropy for emergency aid generation and pilot seed funding
- Diversified Revenue Development (15%):
- Participate in ongoing conversations with the Edquity executive team, Board, and other stakeholders to strategize for and develop diversified recurring revenue opportunities.
- Drive top-of-funnel conversations with potential partners
- Drive top-of-funnel conversations with brand partners who can act as referral partners for goods and services to students.
- At least 6 years of experience in a sales, partnerships, and/or demand generation role
- Confidence and comfort with cold calling and prospecting as a part of daily/weekly work
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve for college students facing basic needs insecurities
- An understanding of the higher education space – specifically how postsecondary institutions are funded and drive purchasing decisions
- Track record of professional and effective verbal and written communication with customers
- Strong organizational skills
- A high level of empathy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to help students
- A high level of attention to detail
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with the ability to embrace change and show good judgment
- Note: This is a completely remote position. We have a strong preference for the candidate to be based in one of the following states: WA, OR, CA, NV, ID, UT, MT, CO, AZ, NM, ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, given that you’ll be working with institutions on based in the western part of the country. However, this should not deter you from applying if you do not live on the west coast.
*Don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification, as we individually evaluate all applications and do consider candidates with outside experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been benchmarked in relation to the scope of the role, market rate, company stage, and internal equity. The salary for this role will be between $105,000 – $115,000. Where a candidate falls within the band is determined by skillset, experience level, and geographic location. In addition, on target earnings will be higher based on commission. Furthermore, this role will come with a total compensation package that includes equity shares and competitive benefits. Some of our benefits include:
- Fully remote
- Fully paid health insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO, Sick and Mental Health Benefits
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with a 4% match
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
- One-time Home Office Setup Stipend
- Equity in Edquity
- Many more!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.