Retail Zipline (51-200 Employees, 163% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most – – retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
Who will love the job:
- A coach: You are inspired by helping others reach their full potential through coaching, inspiration, and ongoing sharing of knowledge and best practices.
- A data junkie: You love to dig into the data to inform decisions on performance, the business, and how to optimize the team for results.
- A leader: You lead by example and strive to elevate yourself and your team every day.
Our perfect Regional Vice President of Sales comes from B2B SaaS and has a background in retail. This role will report to the Vice President of Sales and be responsible for leading a team of Enterprise Sales Directors. The overall team is accountable for developing and closing new business and creating opportunities within and finalizing sales of our current and new customer base. In addition to working with the sales team to attain their sales targets, this role is also responsible for the continuous coaching and mentoring of the team. Additionally, a successful RVP of sales will work to continually improve the sales process to optimize outcomes and forecast accuracy, become an industry expert and trusted advisor internally and externally, work cross-functionally across the organization, and provide a phenomenal experience for our prospective customers.
- Provide support, guidance, strategy, and coaching to direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Develop a winning team, including recruiting, hiring, and training
- Monitor and report on sales activity and forecasting to senior sales management
- Lead initiatives to drive prospective customer awareness and engagement
- Develop and execute successful sales campaigns
- Help and develop strategies and tactics to engage e at C-level in enterprise customer organizations
- Successful manage client escalations and issues
- Drive sales activities in the territory consistent through relentless execution and proven best practices
- Meet with key clients, mentor sales representatives to maintain relationships and negotiate and close deals
- Lead and manage high performance, customer-focused team of Enterprise Sales Directors
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of competitors' activities and competitive offerings
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals at a business and account level.
- 5 – 8 years experience in sales management experience in software
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Demonstrated success in building and scaling a sizeable field sales organization in a high-growth environment
- Process-focused; ability to reinforce internal processes and recommends enhanced to gain efficiency where applicable
- Strategic thinking; ability to lead by example and embrace change with a positive attitude
- A well-established pattern of achievement, competitive skills, energy, motivation, enthusiasm, and integrity is critical to being successful in this role.
- In-depth experience with sales reporting, territory planning & management, and incentive compensation
- Strong leadership presence; ability to inspire and communicate the vision of excellence
- Must be able to create and deliver compelling, polished sales presentations to both line leadership and senior corporate executives internally and within target companies
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both our as well as our customers.
- An entrepreneurial spirited person, with at least 5 years of consultative sales experience, with demonstrated skills in the areas of lead generation, forecasting, prospecting, and driving opportunities to closure, preferably in a corporate/professional services environment.
- 50% – Direct Sales: Customer-facing activities, conferences, events, and sales calls.
- Stock Options
- Paid Flexible and Sick Time Off (including time off to care for family members)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Group Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, and Dental) with a variety of PPO & HMO plans and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 100% Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Remote Work: Join a flexible, effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable- literally anywhere! We’ve had Zipliners join us from vans, RVs, sailboats, and AirBnBs around the globe.
- Computer accessories and office setup: There’s a science to being effective at home and we help you get there with the right equipment and accessories that you need.
- Company off-sites: Every year we come together (IRL!). Past retreats were held in Santa Cruz, New York, Mexico City, and Costa Rica.
- Education stipends: We believe in perpetual learning! If there’s a class that you want to take or a book that will help you expand your horizons, we’ll support it!
- Wellness allowance: To encourage breaks and a change of scenery, we provide a small stipend each month to get you out of the house and relax at your favorite coffee spot.
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Got More Time, here’s more about Zipline!
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science – – a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home – – or vans – – or sailboats.
The word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.
Our perfect account-based marketing manager comes from either the sales or marketing side of a B2B SaaS company. You will own a handful of accounts and be devoted to their success, working hand-in-hand with your sales director to create plans and activities that drive your accounts deeper into the sales funnel. Ready to roll up your sleeves and help spread the power of Zipline? Keep reading!