Adore Beauty (51-200 Employees, 76% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Adore Beauty is a pureplay online beauty retailer.
At Adore Beauty we have spent the past few years innovating within ecommerce – we now have a fully headless setup backed by our own API. As we invest and build our UI engineering team, we are looking for someone to:
- Take ownership of our front end tech stack
- Work as part of the team to deliver on our promises
- Drive and continue innovating by trying out new technologies and improving on current implementations
- Provide strategic guidance on future technology decisions
- Be nurturing, be part of pair programming and directing junior members of the team
- Carrying out code reviews and providing ongoing feedback to the team
Who are we?
Adore Beauty was founded in 2000 by Kate Morris and James Height in Melbourne, as Australia’s first beauty focused e-commerce website. Today, it is Australia’s number one pure play online beauty retailer, home to over 250 global and domestic brands and 11,000 products – some of which are available exclusively on Adore Beauty’s platform.
Adore Beauty has attracted and retained a large and active customer base, having grown over 278% over the past four years to more than 590,000 active customers today. Adore Beauty’s business model, through its integrated content, marketing and e-commerce offering, creates an incredibly strong value proposition for both brands and customers. This has delivered a successful track record in the acquisition and retention of customers.
Kate Morris, Adore Beauty’s Co-Founder and Executive Director says “My co-founder James and I created Adore Beauty in a garage in Melbourne with a clear purpose – to create an empowering beauty shopping experience that would make our customers feel confident and fabulous. Over many years, we grew carefully and profitably, slowly building trust with beauty brands and customers. Earning this trust has enabled Adore Beauty to build a growing base of loyal and passionate customers, which in turn has attracted an unparalleled brand range within the Australian market.”
As we have done for our first 20 years, we are focused on sustainable growth and building a high-quality business over the long term. We believe that by staying true to our customers, brands, values and vision, we can weather the challenges and take advantage of our opportunities as Adore Beauty embarks on its next phase of growth as an ASX-listed company.
We are a proudly values-led company embodied by close to 200 talented and passionate employees who have contributed to our success through their passion, hard work, courage and tenacity. Our extraordinary team and the values we all hold dear are the building blocks of our innovative culture which has the customer at the centre of everything we do.
A cornerstone of Adore’s growth since its inception has been the quality of its people, its award winning culture and strong commitment to its values. Every team member at Adore Beauty brings a new dimension to the company and its culture – that’s what makes us unique. The team at Adore Beauty live and breathe the company values: we work for each other; we do the right thing; and we bring a positive energy into work each day. Does this sound like you?
More on the Role
- 5 + years Experience working in a front end/full stack role with modern JS frameworks (Vue / React / React Native)
- Experience working with Laravel is highly desirable
- Comfortable nurturing a team of junior developers
- Are flexible and thrive working across different languages and technologies
- Experience working within a microservices architecture environment
- Experience working in a product delivery environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Have a support what you build mindset, ensuring we have the right amount of quality and production monitoring and sharing operational support responsibilities
- Are a strong team player that enjoys collaborating within their global team and across dependent teams to deliver ongoing value to customers
- Have a positive attitude with a sense of initiative, strong work ethic and passion for software craftsmanship and engineering practices
- You like to push boundaries, ask questions and seek challenges
- You know when to build from scratch and when to look for opportunities to partner with existing platforms
Salary and compensation