Deepgram (51-200 Employees, 87% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In this role, you will closely collaborate with our world-class research team to build and deploy powerful AI systems and products that can perform previously impossible tasks and achieve unprecedented levels of performance. You’ll have the opportunity to work on different parts of the AI development and deployment pipeline for DG’s models. You will get to work on projects ranging from pre-deployment to post-deployment, such as pre-training data interventions, robust model evaluations, and tools for controlling model outputs.
As a Research Engineer, you will work on high impact projects (tools for data labeling, preprocessing, management; training job scheduling; resource coordination) from day one, working cross-functionally with many other research, product and non-engineering teams. You’ll prototype, experiment and build effective interventions that improve the impact of our machines, data, models, and people.
If you enjoy owning the most important problems end-to-end and have high curiosity and willingness to pick up whatever knowledge is missing to get the job done, you will find our work here uniquely challenging and rewarding.
- Design, develop, and maintain the tools & infrastructure required to support cutting-edge AI research projects.
- Design and build effective metrics for measuring the performance of our models.
- Ideate and build tools/interventions.
- Work with downstream product and infrastructure teams to build and scale effective tools for responsible deployment.
- Work with research to test and build model level interventions.
- Guide growth of the engineering function of the Deployment Planning team.
- Have strong engineering skills, such as system design, front/backend systems, reliability, debugging.
- Fundamental understanding of ML techniques, implementations, and common libraries.
- Have proficiency in Python, Rust, and/or other programming languages.
- Be comfortable working cross functionally across research, engineering, data operations, and product teams.
Deepgram’s end-to-end deep neural network is revolutionizing the speech-to-text (STT) market and taking on the big guys. We’re redefining what companies can do with voice technology by offering a platform with AI architectural advantage, not legacy tech retrofitted with AI. We’ve raised over $56 million and have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2021 and 2022), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others.
Our tech advantage is end-to-end deep learning, but our strength lies in our diversity of people, ideas, and experiences that allow our company to create amazing STT products for people who are true innovators in the field. We believe every voice should be heard—and understood—from our transcriptions to our customers to our employees. Come join our revolution to unlock the power of voice technology for everyone. We want to hear what you’ve got to say!