Humana (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates members’ needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Work at home opportunity
Schedule: 9AM to 5:30PM EST, no weekends or holidays
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member’s physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Humana At Home is a division of Humana that is dedicated to helping adults remain independent in their homes. Our nurses are titled Care Managers, because our case management services are centered on the person rather than the condition. We contact members with multiple chronic conditions as well as financial and functional barriers in order to assist them in achieving and maintaining optimum health. We provide telephonic outreach to assess and support their health, offering education, identifying resources, and helping remove barriers to achieving health and independence, while using a multidisciplinary team. All of our RN Care Managers are work at home associates, working from a dedicated home office space. Work at home care managers are responsible for meeting quality and productivity measures daily and maintaining working home internet at all time with demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
Click here to learn about a “Day in the Life” of our remote RN Care Managers.
- Telephonically assess Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, and/or and Group Account members in seven domains of functioning
- Evaluate member needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state
- Guide members and their families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members
- Assess member’s physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues and work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, employing a variety of strategies/techniques to manage appropriately and provide timely intervention
- Active Registered Nurse (R.N.) license with no disciplinary action.
- Hold an active Compact nursing license- must have prior to applying for the role
- The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) developed the Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC), which is an agreement between states that allows nurses to have one license and the ability to practice in all the states that participate in the program. You must reside in the state that holds your compact license. License must be current with no disciplinary action.
- Must be able to NV, CA, WA, MI, IL, OH, NY, CT, PA once hired. To obtain WA nursing license you must be Covid Vaccinated.
- Associates degree in Nursing
- Seasoned professional nurse with a minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and expertise as evidenced by providing intervention to manage variety chronic conditions, including development and implementation of individualized care planning.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills as evidenced by ability to navigate multiple systems, utilizing dual computer monitors.
- Provide autonomous decision-making, troubleshooting and problem solving related to periodic system issues.
- Experience with Microsoft and Excel.
- Proficient typing and computer navigation skills.
- Capacity to manage multiple or competing priorities including use of multiple computer applications simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective problem solving and appropriate application of clinical knowledge
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home-office to ensure you and your members have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
- Must possess advanced telephonic and virtual communication skills.
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance from Humana systems is 25 MBS Downstream/ 10 MBS Up-Stream. A hard wired connection is required
- BSN or MSN degree in nursing or equivalent.
- Previous adult chronic conditions care management.
- Previous experience in care management.
- Knowledge of complex care management and care management principles.
- Experience with motivational interviewing.
- Experience with MCG or CMS guidelines, assessment and documentation practice.
- Case management certification.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email/text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [email protected] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours