TutorMe (501+ Employees, 120% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In pursuit of equitable education for all, TutorMe provides 24/7 high-dosage tutoring to over a million students in thousands of school districts and higher education institutions coast to coast. As the leading online tutoring solution since 2015, TutorMe helps make academic success more attainable by giving learners access to 1-on-1 live support in hundreds of subjects and expert essay reviewers for in-depth feedback on papers. Named one of Built In’s 2022 Best Places to Work™ and certified as a Great Place to Work®, TutorMe cultivates an inclusive, people-first work culture. As the explosive demand for virtual learning draws more learners to TutorMe, we’re expanding our fully remote team of talented individuals to help us democratize world-class academic support!
TutorMe is looking for a fully remote Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our rapidly growing education technology startup. Our team is expanding to meet students’ increased need for online tutoring, and we are looking for more remote salespeople to join us in this effort! In this role, you will develop essential skills that will empower you to meet monthly expectations and pursue opportunities for promotion and advancement. We’ve more than doubled in size over the past year, cultivating an environment where you can grow in your sales career.
As an SDR at TutorMe, you’ll speak with leaders in higher education & K-12 school districts to discuss their current academic resources, what they prioritize in supporting their students, and how we align with their program. You’ll have an immediate impact both within TutorMe and on students everywhere by promoting a resource that immensely increases their opportunity to learn. Being the first touchpoint for prospects, you set the tone for the rest of the sales cycle. Successful candidates will bring a strong desire to exceed expectations and carry a goal-oriented mindset with an affinity for sales.
What You’ll be Doing
- Prospecting and contacting administrators at higher education institutions and K-12 school districts
- Meeting and exceeding the set monthly meeting quota
- Consistently hitting outbound metrics to prospective leads
- Assisting the Student Success Executive team from qualification to close through qualifying calls and detailed notes
- Collaborating with sales leadership to continually improve on our content and sales strategy
- Using Salesforce and Outreach.io to conduct and track your outbound activity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resilience and an ability to overcome objections
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, and eager to take the initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic and constantly seeking to improve
- Excited to enhance student success in higher education
- Desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Previous experience in sales or working with Salesforce/Outreach.io is a plus
- An interest in building or accelerating your sales career. We promote from within!
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style; eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excited to help improve student success outcomes in education
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
- Competitive base salary, excellent commission structure, & 401(k) matching
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick PTO
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance
- Access to an annual wellness credit and on-demand mental health support
- 120 hours of free online tutoring per year for you and your family (10 hours per month)
- 100% remote work environment; we will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful
- Mobile phone stipend and work from home allowance
- Monthly DoorDash stipend and DashPass membership
- Opportunity to be a key player at a high growth start-up that’s helping students nationwide get the academic support they need
- We love to learn! All TutorMe team members have access to numerous professional and personal development opportunities
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but you’re up for the challenge—we encourage you to apply!
We recognize that diversity drives innovation, so we proudly cultivate a diverse, inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to join our team of passionate professionals.
*Colorado residents are excluded from this opportunity.
This position will be externally titled “Student Success Representative”