Virtuagym (51-200 Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Virtuagym is a leading and fast-growing innovator in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a Software as a Service solution and multiple native apps to users worldwide. Are you a hunter? Do you speak fluently Flemish/Dutch and French? And are you looking for a junior position with a lot of growth opportunities to kick-off your Sales career? We are now looking for a new face to complement our Business Development team!
As a Business Development Representative for our Vlaamse market, you will be responsible for helping to grow the number of clients that use Virtuagym in their facility. You will be part of a fun, joyful and passionate team, where we share and celebrate success together and organize awesome company events such as new years dinners, halloween parties, ski trips and more!
This is a remote position (within the Netherlands or Belgium), where you will be working for our Amsterdam office. We are a remote-friendly company, meaning you can work from your home whenever you want from the Netherlands or Belgium, and of course at our office (with rooftop terrace) that is located in the heart of Amsterdam. It’s up to you! Additionally, you can work from any location you want within Europe up until 4 weeks at a time for a maximum of 12 weeks in a year.
What this role looks like With your true passion for sales and result-driven mentality, you’re responsible for finding new business opportunities. In this fast paced and exciting role you’ll be in charge of your own day with the main objective: find fitness companies and with them, book demos of our software. You will be organising your day by booking call sprints (you will be connecting to +/- 50 accounts / leads per day) in your diary to target your own potential client lists.
From the morning meeting with the team, to the Friday afternoon drinks at our office, overlooking central Amsterdam, there is never a quiet moment in this role. Your mission is to connect with fitness companies, identify their pains & problems and introduce Virtuagym as a solution to their issues. We have regular fun team events with our young international team, ensuring everyone is included! If you can see yourself in a fast paced role, connecting & speaking with owners of fitness businesses, then this is the role for you!
Your growth opportunities as Business Development Representative We love to see you growing and we encourage your development. If performance meets expectations, you can grow from a Business Development Representative to other positions, such as: Account Executive, Team Lead or Account Manager. The sales team is growing and expanding, so we strongly believe in creating leadership opportunities for top performers!
Meet some of the people you will work with
What you will bring to the Business Development team
- Commercial, practical and result-driven personality;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Flemish/Dutch and French;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Affinity with sales;
- Very strong work ethic and a strong sense of self-ownership and responsibility;
- You are full-time available (40 hours per week)
- Experience within a client-facing role, either in Sales, Client Success and/or Hospitality would be a plus;
Important note: please do apply if you meet 70%+ of the criteria. At Virtuagym we hire great people, not just resumes. If you can’t check off a few requirements but are a fast learner, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s why you should come work with us
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues and having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
- Competitive salary with an exciting performance based bonus structure;
- Fun, growth and a healthy work environment. Including a lot of support from the management team and the opportunity to keep developing yourself;
- Join one of the fastest-growing SaaS scale-ups within the awesome fitness tech domain and a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities;
- Flat hierarchy with room to take ownership: your voice will be truly heard;
- We are remote-friendly: with our hybrid working policy you can work from your home in the Netherlands whenever you like. Additionally, you can work from any other location you want within Europe up until 4 weeks at a time for a maximum of 12 weeks in a year. And we provide your home office set-up and working from home allowance. Please note: even though we are remote-friendly, we can only hire people who live in the Netherlands/are open to moving to the Netherlands and hold a Dutch citizen service number (BSN);
- We provide 25 paid holidays per year (based on a full-time contract), the option to buy extra vacation days when you used all your holidays for that year, an 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan;
- Stay healthy with our Gym benefits: we provide a great package to choose from a wide range of gym options (ClassPass, Trainmore, Onefit etc.) including a monthly contribution towards your gym subscription, free weekly padel classes, a Friends & Family gym discount, free video-on-demand workouts and unlimited access to on-demand coaching with psychologists via chat, phone or video call through the platform OpenUp;
- An amazing (dog-friendly) office with a roof terrace located at the Amsterdam canals
- Weekly Friday drinks, great social events (spring dinners, boat party’s) and snacks and drinks at the office
- We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions, Lunch & Learn sessions for personal development, the Virtuagym Circle and more.
- You will be part of a joyful and passionate team, where we share and celebrate success together and organize awesome company events such as new years dinners, Halloween parties, ski trips and way more!
Virtuagym is a leading and fast-growing innovator in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a Software as a Service solution and multiple native apps to users worldwide. We offer coaching and management solutions for trainers, studios, clubs and corporate wellness, all with the vision to make the world a healthier and happier place.
Virtuagym is an ambitious, passionate and multicultural team of talented people who want to create a healthier world for all. We believe in teamwork, challenging each other, being bold and adventurous, working lean, taking care of each other and sharing success. As a scale-up, we embrace our diversity, international character and our flat hierarchy that promotes great freedom, taking ownership and making a true impact. Our talented staff of 175+ employees are based in two locations: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO.
Every day with us will be an opportunity to cultivate and evolve your personal and professional skills, as well as to make a significant impact on a global scale. At Virtuagym everyone can grow, whatever background you bring with you. We are not just colleagues, we are friends, willing to help and support each other. By joining us, you become a part of a joyful and energetic team.
Ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below! We will get back to your application within 10 working days.
For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team at [email protected]
The hiring process
The hiring process will consist of:
- A phone or video screening with one of our talent acquisition specialists;
- First interview with Jack (Business Development Manager) and Jesus (Director of Global Sales);
- Second interview with Jack and Jesus.
- Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy, so third parties are kindly asked not to contact us about this role.