Abnormal Security (201-500 Employees, 545% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Abnormal Security
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks.
Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t — advanced attacks that have never been seen before — and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco and New York City.
Abnormal Security is seeking an Enterprise Sales Engineer join our growing Sales Engineering team. As an Enterprise Sales Engineer, you will be our customer’s technical contact, and craft strategic business cases to win customers over & help them conquer their most intractable email security challenges.
In conjunction with Enterprise Account Executives, you will be responsible for conducting in-person and remote product demos, articulating the technical value of Abnormal Security products, and driving successful outcomes for Proof of Value programs.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the technical sales lead throughout the pre-sales cycle, including owning proofs-of-value (POV) results and driving their success, co-leading customer relationships with Enterprise Account Executives, and giving technical demos
- Provide technical pre-sales support for assigned Enterprise Account Executives
- Assist Enterprise Account Executives in development and implementation of sales objectives and account-based penetration strategies
- Conduct technical and competitive landscape research to effectively address customer questions
- Serve as a technical resource for pre-sales security and platform diligence, including
- Educate sales executives and partners on Abnormal Security’s products, platform, and security
- Obsessively drive customer satisfaction
- 5+ years industry experience in sales engineering
- Technical background in messaging and Internet security principles
- Strong understanding of how Internet protocols work (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Prior experience in selling software to Fortune 500
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to see and present “the Big Picture”, uncover business challenges, and architect a solution to solve customer business issues
- Ability to work independently in a high-velocity environment
- Positive attitude, customer focus, and strong sense of ownership over customer results
- BSCS/BSEE or equivalent work experience
- CISSP, CEH and/or other relevant security certifications a plus
Why Abnormal Security
- Competitive pay and equity
- One of the most proven machine learning teams in Silicon Valley
- Best-in-class customer traction and growth
- Team-wide commitment to excellence, velocity, and customer-focus
- Strong growth opportunities and high ownership expectations
- Full medical, dental, and vision health insurance benefits
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Generous PTO