Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience and deployed globally in thousands of companies and educational institutions and engages hundreds of millions of viewers at home, at work, and in school. Kaltura is a recognized leader in the Online Video Platform (Educational institutions and Enterprise companies such as Harvard, Yale, SAP, Oracle Etc.) and Cloud TV (Vodafone, Cellcom TV etc).
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration, and we are the initiator and backer of the world’s leading open-source video management project, which is home to more than 150,000 community members.
We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged.
Kaltura currently have approx. 500 employees across offices in New York, London, Sao Paolo, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly including positions all over the world.
We promote: a flexible work and casual work environment. We provide a full Benefit package including health / dental / vision benefits, FSA plans and a 401K plan with a company match. We additionally cover the monthly service for your cell phone and home internet. Kaltura is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Director of Solutions Engineering is a dynamic, hands-on role working closely with Kaltura’s sales, product and marketing teams. This is a hybrid, player-manager position, where you will both be a Solutions Engineer – and crucially – mentor a team of solution engineers responsible for leading technical conversations with existing and potential customers and providing technical support for all aspects of the engagement. In addition to technical ability, the role requires an understanding of strategic consultative sales, and to have the ability to communicate and present complex technical concepts to anyone in the room.
This is an US remote based role.
Managerial Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as a player/manager (50/50) to a team of five senior solutions engineers
· Manage the workload and assignments for the team
· Lead by example
· Clear the way internally and unblock obstacles for your team when escalations occur
· Mentor the team members and help them grow professionally
· Foster a team culture of collaboration, excellence, and fun
Solutions Engineering Duties and Responsibilities:
· Become the “trusted-advisor” to the clients while bridging the gap between the business and Product/R&D
· Demo Kaltura products and speak intelligently to our very different value propositions for different use cases
· Present to audiences of one to 20 people
· Lead technical presales, discovery, and design sessions with customers, detailing high level design plans to the Kaltura team through specifications, use case diagrams, and wireframes
· Create Requirement Specification and Solution Architecture Documents for integrations with clients’ 3rd party applications
· Train and support clients on the setup and use of our products
· Assist in the response to RFIs, RFPs and Security Documents
· Run Proof-of-Concept (PoC) client engagements
· Appear onsite with partner salespeople to help close high-stakes deals
· Travel to industry conferences for presenting and manning the booth
· Travel within region approximately 25%
· Fluent or native English speaker
· Articulate spoken and written communicator
· A natural sales ability who loves presenting and “wowing” customers with amazing value proposition demos
· A strong understanding of solution selling and presales
· Advanced discovery and requirements specification gathering skills
· Strong internal and external client service orientation, interpersonal and communication skills
· Large enterprise industry knowledge and expertise
· Broad and deep technical knowledge and the ability to quickly master new technologies
· Experience in managing people directly or indirectly via matrix
· The ability to navigate successfully inside of various departments in an organisation, driving collaboration and synergy
Must-Have Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other engineering discipline (or proven technical background)
· Minimum eight years’ work experience
· Minimum five years’ presales or similar experience in solutions selling / consulting
· Experience in presenting to large corporates and government institutions
· Experience leading design sessions, documenting use cases, and proposing software solutions
· A familiarity of online video technology such as datacenters, transcoding, streaming protocols and CDNs
· An understanding of content delivery concepts such as CDN, HTTP, HTTPS, RTMP, HLS, RTC
· An understanding of technical and security challenges for large corporate, educational and government institutions
· Experience in teaching or training in some form or capacity
· An understanding of Enterprise wide applications such as SharePoint, Active Directory, Jive, IBM Connections or similar