Hotjar (201-500 Employees, 113% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in The Americas. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to the Upsell Lead, we’re looking for creative, curious, and driven sales professionals to join our team and help our existing customers achieve more with Hotjar.
If you have experience upselling products and services to existing customers and you enjoy working in a start-up environment, this is a rare opportunity to join an early-stage, customer-centered, and 100% distributed team.
You will reach out to and engage with existing Hotjar customers to guide them through our product suite and educate them on the benefits and added value of maximum session coverage and using additional Hotjar products.
- Manage and prospect a pipeline of existing Hotjar clients that could benefit from further session capture and additional services.
- Understand the needs and challenges of existing customers by gathering and analyzing customer data.
- Conduct consultative calls with clients to optimize their experience based on their needs
- Work with technical members of the Hotjar team to ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy in all recommendations provided to current customers.
- Communicate customer needs to product managers and product teams to close the feedback loop.
- 2+ years of quota-carrying sales or account management or business development experience, ideally within the SaaS industry.
- Technically-minded. You can develop a deep knowledge of how Hotjar works, allowing you to speak clearly to customers and communicate their needs to our team.
- You are experienced with prospecting sales calls, diligently following up, and closing deals.
- Enthusiasm to adapt, learn via coaching, and contribute to an evolving sales team’s strategy.
- Experience with Salesforce or an equivalent tool.
The compensation range for a team member in this role is $62,000 to $83,000 annually, plus a performance commission, where the offer typically falls in the range of $67,000 to $73,000. Our ranges are established after performing market research and the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.