Inscopix (51-200 Employees, 20% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Inscopix has developed technology that is empowering breakthroughs in neuroscience. Our vision is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. The Inscopix platform and data will enable advances in conditions including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction.
Therapeutic development for brain disorders is the longest, costliest, and riskiest of all diseases, with only 6% of candidate therapies obtaining FDA approval. The high failure rate is largely due to the inability to understand the efficacy of the therapies. Our brain mapping technology is changing that. We’ve placed 1,000+ brain mapping systems in over 400 neuroscience laboratories, which has resulted in breakthroughs in the research of the brain circuits of memory, cognition, motor control, and sensory processes.
About the Role:
Inscopix scientists recently demonstrated a novel application for our technology platform: dynamic blood flow imaging in the brain of awake, behaving animals. When paired with our industry-leading cellular resolution calcium imaging workflows and analysis softwares, this creates an unprecedented capability to observe and interpret brain function.
We are seeking a Sales Specialist with experience in basic and preclinical research related to neurovascular coupling, stroke, blood brain barrier, and/or brain metabolism. The Sales Specialist will join our existing North America Sales team and lead our efforts to place technology in neurovascular research labs. The Sales Specialist will build on our existing account base by expanding into unchartered institutions and focus on placing the Inscopix breakthrough technologies, including the nVista, nVoke and nVue miniscope hardware and software platforms, in laboratories spanning basic research to pharmaceutical companies. You will be assisted in this effort by a world-class team of Field Scientific Consultants. The ideal candidate is able to identify new accounts, work with scientists to demonstrate the capabilities and impact of our platforms, and achieve revenue targets.
Do you have a background in neurovascular research and aptitude for developing relationships and interacting directly with Principal Investigators? This role is the right fit!
- Prospect and qualify laboratories by researching and identifying scientists engaged in preclinical neurovascular research
- Pursue sales prospects by providing on-site sales presentations, video conference presentations, technical consultations and evaluations of scientific fit
- Close sales and achieve annual quotas for nVista, nVoke and nVue system packages with Blood Flow Imaging and Analysis Package, as well as Inscopix Care warranties, in North America
- Work closely with the product and support teams (Field Scientist Consultants and in-house Application Science team) to address customer inquiries, provide accurate technical information, and grow our existing accounts by placing the Blood Flow Imaging and Analysis Package
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify growth segments within the neurovascular research space, identifying KOLs and conferences for strategic engagement
- Craft and execute sales strategies to drive growth, including but not limited to seminars, application specific campaigns, funding-driven campaigns
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce, tracking progression of opportunities, creation of opportunities, closure of opportunities
- Analyze key metrics surrounding progression of sales opportunities to optimize sales cycle and value propositions
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills by achieving sales activity metrics that will predict success
- Represent Inscopix at scientific meetings and conferences
- Remain knowledgeable and current on changes and developments in the neuroscience community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Biomedical Engineering or similar area, with a neurovascular, stroke, blood brain barrier, and/or brain metabolism research background. PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of technical sales or customer support experience, preferably in neuroscience industry
- Demonstrated ability to achieve quota through planning, leading and implementing sales strategies both independently and with support from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work directly with all levels of the organization as well as with customers.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Salesforce: familiar with managing lead, account, contact, and opportunity records as well as generating reports
- Is team player who likes setting a positive example
- Moderate travel (up to 50%) for site visits, presentations, and conferences
- Home-based position in a location served by a major airport, preferred location Greater NYC area
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated