AssemblyAI (51-200 Employees, 1,000%+ 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
AssemblyAI is an AI company – we build powerful models to transcribe and understand audio data, exposed through simple APIs.
Hundreds of companies, and thousands of developers, use our APIs to both transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
We’ve been growing at breakneck speed, and are backed by leading investors including Y Combinator’s AI Fund, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber, Coinbase, SpaceX, Instacart, Notion, and Cruise Automation).
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company.
We are a fully remote team made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, and NLP from places like DeepMind, Google, Meta, Amazon, Apple, and Cisco. Our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a seasoned technical account manager who will play a key role expanding and building relationships within our strategic accounts. This role will build a solid Account Management foundation, then help build and scale a World-Class team to support our rapid growth. With significant investment and strong leadership, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for our customers post-sale. You will host regular customer meetings with key accounts (QBRs, office hours, etc.) and manage the full customer life-cycle post-sale. You will combine customer feedback with AssemblyAI’s go-to-market strategy to make strategic recommendations on product prioritization in both the short and long term.
- Ensure customer success & identify upsell opportunities within strategic enterprise accounts. You will Identify blockers and issues that prevent customers from integrating, deploying, ramping up, or otherwise being successful with AssemblyAI in their product. You will identify key accounts for upsell and expansion opportunities, as well as Identify at-risk accounts to come up with initiatives and strategies to prevent churn.
- Setup better processes and procedures for monitoring and managing customer success and health. You will help develop account management processes tailored toward our enterprise customers, including demos, collateral, videos and other content to ensure new customer implementations happen speedily and successfully.
- 3+ years of account management experience in developer tools and/or technical products for developers (for eg APIs)
- Experience working at a fast growing Developer Tools and/or SaaS startup
- Experience building and scaling an Account Management team, from hiring/onboarding to building the process/tooling required
- Experience working, and establishing relationships, with key stakeholders within enterprise accounts in engineering, product, and AI (e.g. CTO, CPO, etc.)
- A strong command of how to leverage a flexible API-driven platform to achieve a differentiated partner product; ability to build trust with a developer audience
- Experience expanding and building new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders to understand and uncover new opportunities
- Thrives in a high energy, fast-growth startup environment with many priorities and have the ability to effectively manage your own time
- Strong empathy for developers and patience to help them solve their problems
- You are a self-starter, well organized, creative, results-oriented, quality minded and a team-first player
- Excellent written and verbal communication on highly technical topics
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- 1.25x bonus multipliers for exceeding expectations
- 100% remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 3-4x/year company paid team retreat
Please mention the word EXCELLED when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTU4LjYyLjMuOTI=. This is a beta feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they’re human.
Salary and compensation
$140,000 — $250,000/year
Home office budget
No politics at work
We hire old (and young)