Ascend Innovations (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Ascend Innovations is looking for a Senior Account & Project Manager to join our growing team. We’re a scrappy team of account/project managers, engineers, data scientists and UXers, and we need someone who is skilled at being a champion and partner to assigned clients while facilitating cross functional collaboration by including relevant team members from all functions to effectively tackle projects.
You’ll need to be passionate about working with community health organizations to better serve the most vulnerable populations. Our clients range from recovery boards to hospice organizations, to grass roots community health programs focused on important initiatives such as reducing infant mortality and the impact of mental health & SUD on our communities.
Ascend Innovations is a socially impactful technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations solve complex community health problems. We desire to empower all communities to improve health and wellness with human-centered technology. Owned by the three hospital networks in Dayton, Ascend is uniquely positioned to build solutions around mental health and addiction, chronic disease, social determinants of health, and other core focus areas related to community health. Ascend’s long-term strategy is to build data-driven technologies for communities while in parallel identifying scalable opportunities to transition product and produce spinout companies through Ascend’s startup studio, Ascend Ventures.
❤️ What We Value
Our team culture is rooted in the values of drive, perseverance, trust, accountability, and community.
- We aspire to be better
- We grow through challenge
- We are open and honest
- We have each other’s back
- We are better together
- Unlimited PTO
- 3 months fully paid parental leave
- Work however you feel most comfortable – in-office, hybrid or 100% remote
Who You Are
- You have at least 3+ years experience in account management, technical project management or client services.
- You hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or have equivalent work experience.
- You have a knack for developing meaningful working relationships with clients and team members.
- You have experience with a project management tool such as Notion, ClickUp, Jira, Asana, etc.
- You have excellent listening, communication and critical thinking skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients.
- You proactively analyze, troubleshoot, problem-solve, and manage issues.
- You are a master at prioritizing and can effectively manage multiple and shifting projects in a fast-paced environment.
- You are curious, detail oriented, a self-starter and creative problem solver.
- You desire to be a part of a growing team and are comfortable in an environment where process and strategies are evolving and continuing to be defined.
- You have an innate drive to do meaningful work that makes an impact on our communities.
☀️ As a Senior Account & Project Manager, on a given day you will:
- Ensure client relations are positive and stable; leadership is immediately informed of any potential problems with client relations, budget overruns, scope issues, etc.
- Ensure client needs are properly and efficiently resourced; work with Directors to assign the appropriate level of resourcing
- Participates in and in many cases leads client meetings
- Guiding client strategy workshops to surface and support their overall vision and goals
- Act as the internal-facing champion and voice of the client
- Ensure effective communication with clients to keep informed on progress, budget status, scope changes, recommendations, etc.
- Retain current clients through proactive relationship development
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate tools and project management techniques
- Conduct regular stand-ups, project kickoffs, retrospectives, and other internal project meetings; support cross functional collaboration
- Track project costs and timelines and provide reports or updates as necessary
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our teammates to find a work mode that is best for them!
- We offer flexible fully remote, hybrid, or in-office working arrangements.
- We are not currently offering remote positions in California or New York
- Our primary office is in Dayton, Ohio (EST Timezone), but we also have a presence in Columbus, Ohio.
- For the time being we ask that all employees be located within the United States
✨ Benefits Highlight
- Inclusive healthcare package (medical, dental, & vision)
- Automatic 401K employer contribution
- Health Savings Account with employer match
- Flexible working style
- in-office, hybrid, or 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the US