Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. We believe that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
– Founded in 2016 and having recently secured their Series B, Medely is facing explosive growth in a $3.65 trillion U.S. healthcare market ripe for tech disruption (Forbes, 2019).
– Medely’s staffing platform provides high quality, on-demand professionals to more than four thousand healthcare facilities in over 50 U.S. markets. Their network boasts over forty thousand selectively vetted and credentialed healthcare professionals including nurses, medical assistants, technicians, and specialists.
– Medely has consistently exceeded growth goals and is excited to continue the momentum in 2021!
As the first Senior Accountant, you will own the monthly accounting close process ensuring accurate and timely reporting. You will prepare journal entries, supporting monthly schedules, and reporting packages. You will work closely with the Senior Accounting Manager and partner with members of various departments on adhoc, value-added projects. You will plan an integral role in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s financial accounting controls, processes, records, and systems. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable, committed to consistently meeting deadlines and willing to “roll up their sleeves.” Your responsibilities will evolve over time and initially are:
Own the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all monthly accounting financial information
Assist with all internal and external financial statement reporting, including preparation of statements of cash flows, drafting of financial statement footnotes and flux analysis
Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
Research accounting guidance and arrive at conclusions for moderately complex accounting transactions
Partner with the Senior Accounting Manager to prepare the Company to undergo its first audit
Handle special projects, taking full responsibilities for the successful and timely completion of the project
4+ years experience in Accounting roles, experience in both public and private accounting preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Exceptional understanding of GAAP and accounting principles
Strong project management skills and ability to effectively prioritize work in a high-growth environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
CPA (or working towards) preferred
Advanced Excel skills, with proficiency using and creating Pivot Tables, Sumifs, and VLOOKUP
Public company and/or startup experience is a plus (Big 4 Experience preferred)
Intermediate knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus
Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive with the ability to stay calm in the face of uncertainty and hyper growth
WHY MEDELY: BENEFITS & PERKS
– Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
– Long Term Incentives: 401k
– Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer three weeks of vacation and ten paid holidays
– Energetic team environment
– Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry on a national scale!
– Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact on a team that you’ll help build and define!
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Medley does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.