Vault Health is a digital healthcare company and a leading provider of at-home FDA-approved COVID testing in the United States. Our solution has been deployed to numerous local and state governments, airlines, universities, professional athletic teams, companies, and organizations. To date, we’ve tested millions of people, providing accurate and timely information in the battle against COVID.
Founded in New York City in 2018, Vault Health specializes in Consumer Health, Population Health, and Clinical Trials. Our vision is to deliver seamless and modern healthcare experiences for diagnostics, treatment, and medical care – a digital experience that reduces the need for patients to have to set foot in a doctor’s office. Today, we need your help more than ever to battle the pandemic and build a next-generation digital native healthcare company that will transform the world of healthcare.
This Senior Accountant role will report directly to the Assistant Controller.
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes by reviewing journal entries and supporting reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, including cash, prepaid expenses, accruals and fixed assets
- Record journal entries and prepare reconciliations for inventory and payroll accounts
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures in support of the Company’s SOX controls
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and analysis for external, internal and board reporting as needed to support the Controllership
- Conduct monthly closing activities to ensure proper and timely financial reporting
- Assist with external year-end audits including preparation of necessary work papers
- Improve and document accounting and business processes and schedules
- Assist in the implementation of functionality in NetSuite to support the automation of accounting processes
- Assist with the integration of acquired companies, as needed
- Perform other duties including assistance on special projects as required by the Chief Accounting Officer and Assistant Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Fundamental knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) a must
- 3+ years of professional accounting experience; Big 4 Accounting preferred
- CPA (or working towards a CPA license) is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who is action-oriented and possesses a strong sense of urgency
- Good at working independently and thinking critically
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – ability to create pivot tables, look-ups, etc.
- Experience using NetSuite a plus