Senior Accountant – U.S. Remote or Lincoln, Nebraska
At Opendorse, we’re experiencing a period of incredible growth as we build a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform. We want to do it alongside a group of high performing “no excuses just results” people.
Opendorse is seeking a Senior Accountant who can leverage their expertise and experience to help us scale our business in the endorsement management and emerging Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) era. In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and be a key contributor to the success of Finance and Business Operations as we build on the company’s success in the endorsement and NIL space.
The ideal candidate is an Accounting/Finance professional that is highly motivated, energetic, and has a positive and collaborative mindset.
You will report to (and work closely with) the Head of Finance and develop a strong working relationship with members of the leadership, sales, and operations teams.
If you love a challenge and are eager to scale a SaaS business to the next level, this role is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing sports startup that cares about its people and culture, has a strong brand, a great solution, and is loved by its partners.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Analyzing and recording financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Assisting in the month-end close process, preparing journal entries, and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Ensuring that financial information is presented in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Managing accounts receivable activities and preparing bank deposits
- Managing accounts payable activities and processing payments to vendors
- Processing new orders and working with the Sales team as necessary to ensure order information and documentation is complete and accurate
- Assisting in the development and implementation of process improvements as they relate to Finance and Business Operations
- Maintaining all process documentation as it relates to Finance
- Administering the employee expense reimbursement program
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Providing timely and accurate financial information to management
- Collaborating with internal departments on project initiatives
- Supporting the budgeting process and providing other administrative support to the Head of Finance and COO
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Accounting experience
- CPA certification a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Proficient in MS Office applications (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and QuickBooks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven to be a collaborative team player across multiple functions and geographies
- SaaS startup experience a plus
- SaaSOptics experience a plus
Diversity at Opendorse
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.