GROUNDFLOOR (51-200 Employees, 75% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
GROUNDFLOOR is looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented CPA to add to our growing accounting and finance team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who likes a challenge and wants to grow their career.
This role will be broad in scope and will involve a high level of collaboration, not only within the accounting and finance department but across all functional areas of the business. This role also offers the unique opportunity to join a small team of people who genuinely enjoy what they do, respect and value each other, and are always trying to do better, both for themselves and for the Company.
GROUNDFLOOR is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth, wealthtech company based out of Atlanta. We value vulnerable high-quality/low-ego collaboration. If that sounds good to you, join us!
A FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- Are you a CPA looking for an opportunity to grow your career and use your unique skills to help take our Company’s accounting and finance function to the next level?
- Do you often feel like your hard work and contributions are overlooked in your current role, and the position you are looking for is one where the value you add will be tangible and recognized?
- Are you tired of the grind of public accounting and looking for a better work-life balance, but also a career that you find exciting and are passionate about?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment?
- Does joining a team of diverse and driven individuals, all working towards a common goal sound like something you would enjoy?
If the answer to any of the previous questions is “Yes”, then this position might be the one for you!
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Perform various daily accounting and financial reporting tasks
- Assist in the processing of borrower loan closings, draws and related payoffs
- Help maintain accurate financial reporting of borrower transactions
- Help facilitate the processing of investor repayments
- Act as the finance department cross-functional liaison between the lending operations and asset management teams
- Maintain and improve a system of internal controls around financial reporting
- Formalize and document financial reporting policies and procedures
- Contribute to a collaborative and enjoyable work environment
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are a licensed CPA with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Your previous experience includes public accounting.
- You are a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- You are someone who gets bored with the ordinary “day-to-day” of accounting and are looking for a role where you have the opportunity for innovation and creative thinking.
- You have the entire accounting standards codification memorized. Just kidding. But because of our rapidly changing environment, we are looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and assist in technical accounting research when needed.
- You have an inherent drive to know “Why” and a desire to understand the underlying aspects and various nuances behind complex processes.
- You have an interest in process improvement and want to help fine-tune, establish, and document formalized processes within the department.
YOUR EXPERIENCE + A FEW NICE TO HAVES:
- Active, Licensed-CPA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Masters of Accountancy preferred, but not required)
- Minimum 2+ years of public accounting experience, preferably in Audit or Financial Services
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Skilled with spreadsheets and data analysis
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, potential equity for strong candidates, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
GROUNDFLOOR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.