Boll & Branch (51-200 Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Branch, you’ll have the opportunity to directly improve the experience of our expanding mobile customer base by developing new features and enhancing our existing ones to scale. The ideal candidate will be a mentor who is hands-on and comfortable driving solutions from initial architecture to final implementation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, build, and maintain our flagship Android app
- Define and implement robust app architectures and complex user interfaces
- Improve engineering standards, tools, and processes
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other cross-functional groups to implement new features
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for yourself and the work
- Proficiency with Kotlin. We use it for all new code.
- Experience with Jetpack Compose. We use it for most of our new UI.
- Experience working in a modular codebase
- Experience working with CI/CD tooling such as Bitrise
- Familiarity with various architecture patterns. Bonus points for MVVM experience.
- Experience with some or all of these technologies: Coroutines, Retrofit / OkHttp, Dagger / Hilt, and Room
- Work from anywhere (U.S. based)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about