Cityblock Health (501+ Employees, 146% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The Senior Market Operations Associate will lead operational initiatives across Cityblock’s growing Mobile Integrated Care (MIC) team. You will report to the MIC Operations Manager and will work closely with them to build and optimize our processes.
Mobile Integrated Care (MIC) is a team that provides essential and high-value urgent and acute care services to support our members and their health outcomes. We currently offer three primary services lines:
- Virtual Urgent Care: Video and telephone visits for urgent clinical needs
- ED at Home: In-person/video hybrid visits for urgent clinical needs, delivered by a team of allied health professionals (typically Paramedic trained) who are rapidly deployed to our members’ homes with the virtual support of an Emergency Medicine Provider
- EMT-assisted provider visits: A scheduled clinical visit that pairs a virtual provider with an in-person allied health professional (typically EMT trained), allowing our members to see a provider via video call wherever they feel most comfortable
You will wear many hats and assume major responsibilities within high visibility projects related to building, monitoring and improving MIC’s core operations as we scale rapidly within our markets and evaluate opportunities to improve our processes. You will partner closely with others on the MIC team, including our clinical leaders, to ensure that infrastructure is in place to support our clinical team’s work to serve Cityblock’s members.
The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively with all team members. You love to build and test new processes and workflows, and are ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to make sure they land. If you draw insights from data, like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Analyze data dashboards to monitor and report on performance
- Act like an owner; constantly and proactively interrogate our operations to identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Design, build, and execute the launch of new processes to drive performance improvement including clinical handoffs design, member engagement and experience strategies, provider visit flow, and other initiatives
- Bring analytic rigor to problem solving, always aiming to quantify the magnitude of problems
- Bring curiosity to problem solving by identifying key information required, tracking down the information, investigating the information, and synthesizing findings
- Lead pilots of market-level initiatives, distill learnings, and scale those initiatives across our national operations
- Clearly document all policies and procedures to ensure team adherence to compliance requirements and digestible references for team use
- Collaborate with MIC team leadership and cross-functional partners
- Lead decision-making conversations by organizing the agenda, identifying next steps, and driving the group to a decision point
- Serve as project manager for longer term initiatives
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience as a healthcare management consultant or as an operator in a healthcare start-up or delivery organization. Or, similar large-scale, fast-paced initiative execution experience
- Detail orientation and a process-oriented mindset
- Track record of executing complex, cross-functional projects with many stakeholders and an emphasis on change management
- Love for data, and an ability to quickly translate business questions into meaningful analyses with easy to understand outputs and visualizations (using tools like Excel, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with quarterly initiative planning process including structuring and managing a roadmap
- A proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Have exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Excited to take on any challenge — no job too small!
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Cityblock is not hiring for this position in the state of Colorado.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update – Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.