SimplyAnalytics (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
SimplyAnalytics is a powerful spatial analytics and data visualization application used by thousands of business, marketing, and social science researchers in the United States and Canada. It comes pre-packaged with 200,000+ data variables and allows our users to create maps, charts, tabular reports, and crosstabs. We are passionate about creating outstanding software, and we believe in test driven development, continuous integration, and code review.
As a smaller company, everyone has an important role to play – at SimplyAnalytics, you are not just another cog in the wheel, you are an integral member of our team. You will be working on valuable features and making key decisions that impact the direction of the application and the satisfaction of our users. In addition, we provide an excellent work-life balance, with 100% remote work, 20 personal days off, flexible work hours, a collaborative work environment, and quarterly “professional development days” to explore and share your interests with the rest of the team.
We’re looking for a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer to monitor, manage, improve, and scale our AWS environment, and to work closely with the development team to streamline our development and release pipeline.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has a high level of attention to detail, is comfortable asking questions, and enjoys working with talented colleagues.
This is a 100% remote position, our employees can live and work anywhere in Canada or the United States. This is a full-time salaried position.
- Standard Linux systems administration tasks (performance tuning, back-up and recovery, monitoring, troubleshooting, installations, patches and upgrades, security, automation)
- Management of development and production environments with configuration management (Ansible, Docker)
- AWS specific tasks (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudFormation, AutoScaling, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, ECS/EKS, cost management, etc.)
- Management of our backup and disaster recovery system (Cloud Protection Manager, EC2 Lifecycle Manager, S3 Lifecycle policies)
- Management of our Atlassian stack (Jira, Bamboo, etc.)
- Management of remote access for our distributed team
- Working with development team to expand/improve our CI/CD processes and environments
- Some on-call/after hours work required as-needed for upgrades, maintenance, migrations, etc.
- Expert Linux systems administration skills (5+ years of experience)
- Expert AWS administration skills (3+ years of experience)
- Experience managing PostgreSQL
- Experience with Bash and Python scripting
- Experience with Ansible
- Understanding of CI/CD best practices and tooling
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Must work well independently
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- AWS Solution Architect Associate and/or AWS DevOps Associate certifications
We look forward to receiving your application.