Who We Are:
Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD.com, Boll & Branch, and Thinx use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series A round for $18m, our institutional investors include Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We seek a senior-level Backend Developer who is an expert in Node, TypeScript, and microservice event-driven cloud architecture. The ideal candidate is a fast learner, a hard worker, has a knack for creative problem-solving, and is a low-ego team player. You will join Nacelle’s core development team to develop and build new features for our backend systems. You will work directly with a team of talented engineers and product leaders.
Nacelle is reimagining the e-commerce industry— our headless commerce platform, driven by event streams and APIs, fuels a revolution led by developers. By building loosely coupled, high-performing microservice architecture, our merchants unlock the ability to radically improve the shopping experience for their customers while achieving operational excellence across their digital stack.
Nacelle is venture-backed and has raised over $23.5 million from notable firms like Index Ventures and Inovia as well as angel investors from Klaviyo, Attentive, and Shopify.
- Build and maintain microservices in Node.js while leveraging our modern, event-driven cloud architecture
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to build new impactful new technology for our customers
- Conduct code reviews to ensure standards of qualify and observability are met
- Write and maintain automated tests
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of in-production Node.js experience
- 3+ years of in-production TypeScript experience
- 4+ years of in-production Kafka experience
- 4+ years of in-production Kubernetes experience
- 4+ years of SQL / denormalized data modeling experience
Nice to Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Experience with agile practices, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- GraphQL API Experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, VC-backed, remote Saas startup
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions like Terraform
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration