The Enterprise Data Analytics (EDA) organization at VMware is looking for a customer-oriented, analytical, and driven individual. VMware is a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success!
This Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for working with key business partners and IT teams to deliver Business Intelligence solutions to support VMware’s growing business with optimized systems/processes.
This position will be enabling core BI, data, and analytic capabilities to pivot VMWare business teams towards SaaS. By forming a strong partnership with other cross-functional teams – such as IT, Business Operations, Sales, Customer Success, etc. This Senior Analyst will help ensure alignment on reporting / analytic initiatives and the underlying data architecture and ecosystem.
The position requires strong analytical and communication skills. The Senior Business Analyst will need to work independently, across distributed teams at different levels of the organization.
Job Role and Responsibility:
• Act as a SaaS subject matter expert and point-of-contact for BI / Analytics activities in the Run the Business Analytics group of EDA
• In partnership with Business partners from across VMWare and the Core SaaS Analytics team, define intuitive, insightful, actionable, and compelling dashboards based on Tableau and SAP-BOBJ.
• Handle issues and service requests coming from the Business Teams and provide guidance to IT on handling cases.
• Proactively engage with project teams to understand the data/reporting impact of system and process changes
• Align with IT and product teams on the foundational data architecture to enable Business stakeholders to leverage a common reporting and analytic platform
• Empower stakeholders by developing data-driven capabilities for obtaining and utilizing business insights
• Develop expertise on Enterprise business processes, life-cycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
• Collaborate on the definition of KPIs and metrics to monitor and run the business
• Lead reporting projects as needed, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end lifecycle – from requirements through UAT, deployment
• Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption of reporting and analytics solutions
• Perform data analysis as needed to identify trends and key drivers of metrics
• Promote and support self-service reporting across Sales stakeholder organizations
• Work with global teams spanning different time zones.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering enterprise-wide business intelligence and analytics solutions.
• Strong background in dashboard report development, Business Analysis, and Requirements Development.
• Good working knowledge of UI Visualization, Dashboard Design, Desktop, and Mobile Layouts, and Bindings
• Good understanding of SaaS business metrics, reporting, and processes
• Good understanding of data architecture spanning across systems
• Technical knowledge and experience working with the industry-leading BI tools: Tableau and SQL skills are mandatory; SAP Business Objects is good to have.
• Functional knowledge of business models and related metrics in areas like Sales, Finance, Customer Success is important.
• Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preference for Computer Science
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
*** This role is flexible and can be done from home, in an office, or a combination of the two anywhere in Costa Rica.
Eventually, post-pandemic they will be expected to work onsite 1-2 days per week***
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.