Integral UK (501+ Employees, 11% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Integral is looking to recruit a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to work in its newly formed Business Intelligence Team.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will work as part a small Business Intelligence Team to develop innovative analytical solutions that support the business to maximise compliance, increase productivity whilst minimising costs and maximising profit.
As the business use of data and analytics matures, so will the tools and platforms the business uses for Business Intelligence. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will be expected to support the development of analytical Proof of Concepts to demonstrate the potential return on investment and then to transform Proof of Concepts into sustainable processes that can be adopted by Integral and can be shared across JLL. This will be done as part of the wider Business Intelligence Analytics Team within JLL, ensuring any developed solutions are documented and embedded within the operating framework of the team.
The person will be accountable for building effective analytical products, being able to transform transactional data into meaningful business insights. The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled individual, being able to demonstrate strong data visualisation skills, from design thinking through to creative solutions.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to embrace new techniques and technology, taking a high-level business requirement and working in partnership with customers (internal and external) to develop solutions from conceptual models, through to actual proof of concepts and finally sustainable business as usual solutions.
They will be required to work at pace, using agile project management methodology that enables an iterative and collaborative approach to project delivery.
Whilst a strong technical knowledge is essential it is equally important the candidate can integrate alongside existing B.I staff, both sharing their knowledge with, and learning from, other analysts within Integral and the wider JLL Business Intelligence family.
Day to day
- Support the continued development of Integral’s data requirements via Vixen and Maximo
- Complete the technical development of business Intelligence initiatives for Procurement.
- Translate complex requirements into effective business solutions.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the Procurement team for data analysis, reporting, statistical analysis and data warehousing.
- Ensuring iterative design processes are followed, providing regular feedback and engagement to the business.
- Be an active member of the internal and external B.I communities to ensure continuous personal learning and knowledge sharing with other members of the B.I Team.
- Actively participating in feedback to other analysts and data engineers with respect to the development of new initiatives.
Desirable Knowledge & Capabilities
- Strong knowledge of data visualisation and analytical techniques.
- Proven examples of having utilised Tableau, Vixen and Maximo.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new techniques and tools, as and when identified, for example predictive modelling.
- Communication – Excellent presentation skills (verbal and written), strong understanding of analytic/statistical concepts with the ability to explain them to others.
- Strategic Thinking – Ability to think broadly, create a shared vision, and embrace change as an opportunity.
- Customer Management – Understanding customer needs and setting; managing appropriate customer expectations within system, project, or contract constraints all while providing exceptional and customer service, creating trust and transparency which enables integration
- Team-building – Key stakeholder and collaborators are geographically dispersed. Getting results from ad hoc groups of disparate people is critical.
- Experience of agile project management methodology is desirable.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree – BI, computer science, econometrics, operations research or statistics preferred, or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 2 years past work experience as a BI, business or data analyst required
- Ability to engage with colleagues wider the B.I Team.
- Strong communicator.
- Experienced in working within a complex, corporate, environment.
- Inspire trust, adapt and learn.
- Ambitious and driven to win
- Consistently exceeds in performance targets and takes quick, corrective action when required.
- Ensure execution, drive targeted results, focus on customers and lead courageously.
- Ability to work autonomously, to define business requirements and work in partnership with colleagues on the B.I Analytics Team to deliver governed, sustainable solutions.
- Able to clearly position the JLL brand in the industry and raise its profile.
- Instills a proactive mindset that enables the organisation to anticipate versus react.
- Alters the firm’s capabilities to achieve a higher degree of production.
- Lives in the future not the present.
- Inspires and motivates toward new and stretch opportunities.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and expertise to colleagues that enables and empowers them to grow and develop.
- Influence others, engage and inspire proactive collaboration, communicate effectively and build relationships. Emotional intelligence and strong presentation skills are required.
- Business analysis, consulting/advisory and/or project or client management experience
- Working experience in BI tools (for example Tableau, Vixen and Maximo)
- Knowledge and experience of working with data warehousing technologies (like Alteryx, Snowflake, Amazon RDS)
- Working experience in analytical toolkit (e.g. SPSS, SAS, R, Python) would be a plus
- Strong analytical mindset with an ability to interpret, visualize and tell the story behind the data
- Focus on providing relevant solutions to the customer challenges, which drive productivity, profitability, client satisfaction or other important business metrics
- Able to deliver high-quality work in a timely manner, also under time pressure
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to effectively communicate both with technical experts and management
- Professional experience and passion to further excel in broadly understood BI, including: business & client understanding, business analysis, data visualisation, databases, data integration, ETL, big data