1Password (501+ Employees, 307% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
Reporting to the GC, the Senior Commercial Counsel role will provide guidance on commercial contract negotiations, while exercising excellent business judgment, managing risk, and employing creative problem-solving solutions. Typical transactions will range from NDAs and standard contracts to complex, high-value agreements. If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and get excited about closing deals – this job is for you.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US, but the successful candidate will be expected to work Pacific Time Zone working hours.
What we're looking for:
- A Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree, with state (or provincial) bar membership
- Relevant in-house experience, including experience negotiating complex SaaS agreements.
- 5-7 years experience practicing (combination of in-house and at a law firm), negotiating commercial transactions and drafting commercial agreements.
- Experience scaling legal commercial processes and policies.
- Business acumen and ability to build relationships across the business, while collaborating cross-functionally with a variety of teams.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, and ability to work both in teams and independently.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively. and proactively provide sound legal advice and exercise good business judgment.
- Knowledge of basic data privacy laws and practices within the SaaS industry.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast-paced culture, with a practical, solutions-oriented focus.
- Creative thinker who can initiate and develop alternative approaches to complex issues.
- Able to handle many projects simultaneously, to manage tight deadlines, and to prioritize effectively.
What you can expect:
- Work closely with the business to negotiate, draft and review a broad range of agreements, including master services, partnerships, nondisclosure, licensing, vendor procurement, marketing and other commercial agreements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including the commercial teams to drive company revenue goals, and internal buyers for vendor engagements.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance requirements are accurately reflected within agreements.
- Help to create and implement continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline, simplify and automate the contracting process to more efficiently handle high-volume contract needs.
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to implement, enable and train teams on contracting policies and processes.
- Work with senior management and implement processes on a cross-functional basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Advise on other areas as needs may arise.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with quarterly SaaS sales cycles
- More extensive experience with GDPR, CCPA and other privacy regulations
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> Wellness spending account
> Generous PTO policy
> Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> Complimentary Headspace membership
> Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> Retirement matching program
> Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> Paid volunteer days
> Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> Fully remote environment
> Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.