If you love building businesses from the ground up, but also value the stability and trajectory of a hyper-growth Series C company, we have a super rare opportunity that combines both.
Snapdocs is an early-stage, rapidly growing company backed by investors like Sequoia Capital, SV Angel, and Y Combinator. We are tackling the massive mortgage market, developing modern software for an industry that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes. We’re growing at breakneck speed, with an innovative product and unique approach to streamlining real estate closings. This positions us to lead the industry’s digital transformation.
As a Senior Commercial Counsel, you will be a trusted thought-partner, reporting directly to our General Counsel, who can exercise outstanding judgment and provide practical legal and strategic business advice to our sales, customer success, business development, and procurement teams. You will be accountable for creating and maintaining applicable corporate policies and procedures, department-level and company-wide training, and our contract management system. In this role, you will be the primary legal lead drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex commercial agreements and other legal documentation across our business, including with customers, partners, vendors, and others who desire to contract with the company.
Experience / Qualifications
– 7-10 years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department (preferably in SaaS or cloud-based products and services)
– Possess technically excellent and persuasive negotiation, drafting, and communication skills
– Able to lead diverse teams through complex negotiations, clearly communicating divisions of responsibility, deliverables, and timelines to relevant stakeholders
– Able to develop strong relationships across the company and foster an environment where the legal department is consulted early and oftenPossess a bias towards action with a strong work ethic
– Be highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude and ability to prioritize and multi-task numerous projects simultaneously
– Able to calibrate risk and think “outside-the-box” to provide commercially-driven legal advice, supporting innovation while appropriately protecting the company
– Ability to work efficiently and effectively as a key member of a small but impactful legal department in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
– Possess the highest ethical standardsAble to keep calm under pressure and maintain a positive attitude, our business is fast-paced, innovative, challenging, and exciting
Snapdocs’ culture is one that strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to make smart decisions. This means we value independent work as well as collaboration. We provide a range of excellent benefits ranging from the standard stuff (matching 401(k)!, free lunches, 21 days PTO!) to the not so standard (10-year exercise window on your options (!!)) and our location in the heart of the Financial District in SF is super convenient.