The Zebra (201-500 Employees, 23% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is ‘All Stripes Welcome,’ and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
We’re looking for a Senior Commercialization Analyst to drive smarter optimization decisions. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales & Account Management, you will have clear insight into company direction and strategy. In this pivotal position, you’ll build out robust dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and highlight changes in the performance of our site and our B2B (business-to-business) relationships.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note – we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Own regular reporting and insights on company revenue and commercial key performance indicator trends to senior leadership
- Keep the Commercialization team aligned on OKRs (objectives & key results) helping to point out trends within our products and key relationships that are driving current business performance
- Improve existing reporting and dashboards to become more dynamic – advising partners of performance shifts, automated alerts, and bug causation indicators
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to set up QA process and tracking for major performance shifts, bugs, and gaps in data
- Report on long-term trends of carriers to ensure that “big picture” wins and efficiency improvements are seen, and we are meeting our long-term objectives as a company
- Create new KPIs (key performance indicators) and add new metrics for our reporting tool to empower the Commercialization team to be self-sufficient in their data reporting
- Create a regular reporting process to collaborate with the account management team on client levers pulled, understand the overall impact to business (i.e. product cannibalization), and help to determine whether it was a negative, neutral or positive impact to overall site monetization
- Perform periodic presentations to senior leadership on the commercial health of the business.
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 4+ years (or equivalent) analytics experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Strong Excel, modeling, and analytical skills
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe, or Google Analytics
- Ability to communicate sophisticated information to non-technical audiences
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Experience working in online companies and associated online performance metrics
- Experience with tools like Snowflake, Redshift, Hadoop, HIVE or BigQuery
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k plan + employer match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ the flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is ‘All Stripes Welcome.’ As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.