Kraken / Kraken Digital Asset Exchange / Kraken.com (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
“We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot.” Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we’re hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.Overview of the roleKraken is growing at a rapid pace, during an incredibly exciting time in the crypto industry. Kraken is looking for senior risk associates to join the Compliance department. The purpose of this role is to provide in-depth research and analysis that enables Kraken to appropriately assess risk exposure globally and across various business lines, and regions. The ideal candidate should have experience working in fintech, exchange trading or financial services. The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical, critical thinking and writing skills and be able to thrive in a high production environment. Risk associates must be able handle sensitive data and information and must maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Lead or participate in the development of global and/or regional risk assessments across various areas of risk, including compliance risk, operational risk, and technology and security risks.
- Evaluate processes to identify global and regional risks and coordinate with regional compliance officers, product teams, and strategy teams to identify opportunities to enhance internal control processes.
- Lead or participate in moderately complex initiatives and deliver insight and decision strategies supported by data, analytics, and reporting.
- Contribute to global strategy and planning related to risk assessment.
- Lead projects, teams, and mentor less experienced staff.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of compliance and operational risks (including technology security risk, operational resilience, and business continuity), conduct risks and prudential risks to build an effective risk monitoring program.
- Develop, implement, and monitor risk-based programs to identify, assess, and mitigate global and/or regional risks that arise from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events.
- Design and develop risk assessment methodologies consistent with applicable regulatory expectations.
- Perform analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data sets to produce high-quality risk assessments.
- Review and analyze moderately complex data aggregation, forecasting, reporting, and programming models.
- Monitor internal and external business, regulatory and technology environments to identify new or emerging risks and verify remediation of issues as applicable.
- Developing, maintaining, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite statements.
- Providing subject matter expertise, advising on risk management best practices, conducting analysis, and communicating with groups and lines of business to oversee and support the front line in implementing the requisite controls, processes, and systems to comply with corporate operational risk frameworks, policies, and procedures.
- Independently evaluating group and line-of-business compliance with corporate level frameworks, policies, and procedures.
- Credibly challenge business processes, and activities.
- Escalating regional and/or global risk concerns and issues (including risk outside of relevant risk appetite or tolerances) to senior management.
- Undergraduate degree (relevant advanced degrees, such as J.D., L.L.M., M.B.A. or other advanced degree is preferred but not required).
- Advanced professional certifications such as “CAMS”, “CFE”, etc. are preferred but not required.3+ years of risk management experience (includes compliance, financial crimes, audit, legal, or operational risk experience), or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience working with risk identification, risk indicators and risk metrics.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Mentoring or training experience is a plus.
- Resourceful, and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyze structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and identify patterns and develop conclusions.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership of work products and consistently deliver results in a production environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to perform data analysis.
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems for conducting data analysis.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience and/or passion for crypto preferred.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn