PROSPER / Prosper Marketplace (201-500 Employees, 22% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $20 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and credit card. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Prosper is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. Our philosophy as a business is to approach the COVID-19 situation with empathy and urgency. Prosper’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our customers, partners, prospects, and candidates. In accordance with this priority, along with our legal responsibility to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all of our employees to receive vaccinations, unless they have an approved accommodation.
At Prosper, we value our people with a focus on collaboration, diversity and accountability. Our people are the source of our success. We are seeking a Senior Compliance Specialist to review and manage the marketing content and communications of the Company. Above all factors, we are looking for smart, determined teammates who want to be a part of a culture of innovation and creativity as we redefine the way people advance their financial well-being.
Problems You Will Solve
- Review marketing materials to ensure their compliance with consumer finance laws.
- Review company website, landing pages, partner content and blog posts to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work with business to develop new methods for communicating and interfacing with customers.
- Obtain any required approvals for marketing materials and web site changes from company partners.
- Review internal training and communications to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Review servicing and transactional communications to customers to ensure compliance with consumer finance laws.
- Work with the legal department to create marketing guidelines based on legal requirements and work with the business to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Monitor substantiation data to ensure accuracy of claims statements made.
- Assist business with operational compliance issues and questions.
- 5 plus years’ experience in regulatory compliance for a financial services company, FinTech company, or government agency
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal financial statutes and regulations (e.g. TILA and Reg. Z, RESPA and Reg. X, ECOA and Reg. B, UDAAP, Dodd-Frank, SCRA, MLA, FCRA, BSA, FDCPA, Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in marketing a strong plus
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to interact comfortably with employees, senior management, auditors, and regulatory examiners
- Good judgment and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have a strong service orientation
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to prioritize, balance, and respond to competing needs within the organization
- Superior written and verbal skills with a demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures
- Basic SQL understanding a strong plus
- Financial services experience a strong plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people’s lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
- The ability to work remotely in the United States
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we’re looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.