Iterative (51-200 Employees, 200% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re a well-funded (Series A), remote-first team (40+ employees) on a mission to solve the complexities of managing datasets, ML infrastructure, ML models lifecycle, and other ML & data-centric workflows.
We value great collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise customers.
✅ Check out our open-source projects in GitHub
Docs Docs Docs
Our Docs team focuses on the following content types: High-level use cases (example) — Answer “what problems can I solve with your tool(s)”; More technical explanations (example) — similar to a book format; Usage references and examples; Help with home page content; among others.
Things like this make us proud
We’re seeking an experienced technology writer to help us sustain and improve our growing user-facing articles and documentation!
Join us if you’d love to become an expert on the philosophy and usage of our tools, and then explain, teach, and support them.
- Become and remain familiar with our suite of ML tools and products: DVC and DVC Studio, CML, MLEM, among others. You will specialize in one at a time in terms of writing
- Understand the evolving big picture for our products in order to explain their motivation and general usage scenarios
- Write text and develop diagrams or figures as needed to for our product documentation according to the Docs team roadmap, which you will help decide as well
- Review the content of other writers and contributors inside and outside the company
- Help us gain knowledge on the types and groups of users to make better data-driven decisions
- Collaborate with technical product teams (software engineers) to improve text-based UI/UX, maintain technical references, and provide basic Q.A. for them
- Collaborate with the DevRel team to produce effective content, support the community, and possibly become a blog writer when appropriate
- We are looking for proven experience in writing technically-oriented documents or articles that can connect with broad audiences (not only mature ML engineers)
- Produce simple yet comprehensive content to cover a spectrum of readers (including existing and prospective users)
- Remote work self-discipline
- Excellent communication skills – clear, constructive, and respectful dialog with other team members, community
- Strong analytic skills and curiosity to learn more about the field regularly
- Clear writing skills: ability to synthesize technical topics in writing for non-technical readers using a simple and effective language. Note: “native” English is not a requirement!
- Basic terminal (OS shell) experience (can be learned on the job — Linux/Mac preferred)
- Git experience (can be learned on the job)
Great to Have
- Any publications of relevance we can look at
- Interest in several technical and scientific fields
- Experience working remotely
- Machine learning or data science exposure would be great (and learning more on the job is encouraged).
- Open source contributions either in code or documentation
- Any SEO and/or digital marketing experience would be helpful.
- Basic web development understanding could be another nice plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
Team is distributed remotely worldwide.
⚓️ Engineering team is involved in product discussions and planning. We do it openly via GitHub or Discord chat. Well-defined process that we all participate in improving.
Besides building the products and the business we participate in conferences (PyCon, PyData, O’Reilly AI, etc). We encourage and support the team in giving talks, writing blog-posts, and other activities.
⚕️ Great health coverage (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
️ 401K with 100% match up to 4% of annual salary (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, ITERATIVE is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
Great health coverage for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
Unlimited PTO and sick days