Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Technical Content team is made up of writers, producers, and content strategists who design, write and maintain our public Knowledge Base, produce visual assets, and work within cross-functional teams to make sure changes and new features are effectively and efficiently communicated to our users. We collaborate across teams at Mailchimp to build the best educational documentation so our users can become exceptional marketing experts.
We are looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join our growing team. You will work closely with our writers, designers, and video producers to create help content for people who use Mailchimp. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience executing content strategies across digital media. You are driven to problem solve and care deeply about helping others and providing a great customer experience. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do here:
- Develop and communicate content strategy recommendations including audit findings, content types and templates, sourcing plans, sitemaps and taxonomies, traffic analyses, governance plans, and more.
- Collaborate with Technical Content writers, producers, and other strategists, product domain reps, Marketing, Research, Support, and Design to understand requirements, user needs, and business goals.
- Coordinate the production and delivery of compelling web-based and in-app educational content highlighting Mailchimp functionality and features.
- Support the flow of information within the Technical Content team
- Create systems to help Technical Content stay in alignment and comply with our company-wide standards for voice and tone and terminology usage.
- Create procedures for better maintenance of older or outdated content.
- Simplify workflows so content can scale.
- Design content systems related to Technical Content governance and editorial standards.
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Test and refine content based on analytics, user feedback, and other performance data.
- Monitor web traffic and engagement (e.g., conversions and bounce rates)
- Review and update published content as needed.
- Track metrics to ensure resources meet user and team needs.
- Report on user and content trends.
- Conduct keyword and SEO research to understand customer needs.
- Train team members on new tools and practices.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other content strategists.
- Gather guidance and feedback from the Technical Content team.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- 3–5+ years experience as a content strategist, content marketer, copywriter or related position
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of user experience and content optimization principles across channels (web, email, and social media) and devices
- Familiarity with basic SEO principles
- Experience working with content management systems
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics platforms
- Experience working with video content a plus
- Experience in a product-focused environment a plus
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you’d like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of