Possible Finance (51-200 Employees, 109% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Possible is a venture-backed consumer fintech that has radically reinvented small-dollar loans. We are working to lend in a more affordable and sustainable way to help people improve their financial health. Building on our success, Possible is adding two additional products in the pursuit of making financial services more fair and affordable.
Now in our 4th year, we are pleased to share we have seen serious growth, helped hundreds of thousands of customers, and have a stellar rating (100,000+ people give us an average of 4.8 stars at the app store). Our team has delivered and is making a difference.
Do you thrive on the elated feeling when the words all come together like when the last puzzle piece clicks into place? You aren't just a copywriter, you're a storyteller who understands the importance of connecting with people. Someone who can transform complex information into engaging content that resonates on a deeper level. As our first Senior Copywriter, you'll join our growing internal creative team and aid in our mission to upend the predatory and unjust financial system to help millions of Americans on their journey to economic mobility. There is an exciting mix of work to do— content strategy, daily social publishing, customer acquisition advertising, lifecycle and in-app customer experience, video, web, and lots of engaging long-form education-based content creation. You will have the unique opportunity to bring our Possible voice to life across every medium.
- Establish the copywriting practice and function at Possible
- Bring creative-thinking and copywriting excellence to brand and product experiences (e.g., advertising, social media, in-product communications, lifecycle communications, website)
- Embrace brand strategy, data, and metrics that demonstrate creative efficiency and inform communication insights
- Write concise headlines and well-structured short and long-form copy that embrace the intersection of technology and humanity
- Develop brand messaging systems that distinguish our brand in the market, adapting to needs across media
- 8+ years direct-to-consumer copywriting or marketing copywriting experience, editorial experience is also a plus
- Preferred experience in the financial services industry, fintech, and/or start-up environment
- You have a strong portfolio with a range of content and styles that shows your expertise, sense of humor, and your audience focus
- Experience with writing copy for growth and acquisition advertising, in-product, lifecycle and engagement
- Experience with writing for organic and paid social— including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok
- Ability to take dense legal documents and complex financial concepts and simplify into language and structure anyone can understand
- Ability to iterate and change gears quickly, working with different teams and channels in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Ability to translate user research and data into marketing content as well as brand language and stories
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, FinTech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We're committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for crafting positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.
Diverse, Equitable, & Inclusive Work Environment:
Possible Finance values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels is the best way for us to accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.