Clipboard Health (201-500 Employees, 296% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the role:
You have deep corporate and commercial experience and excel at quickly drafting, reviewing, and identifying the highest-priority revisions to a wide variety of commercial and employment agreements. You are a solutions-oriented, positive, and intellectually curious attorney who thrives on small teams. You have excellent judgment and can run with projects with minimal supervision while knowing when to escalate an issue. You work quickly and efficiently while caring deeply about the quality of your work product. You enjoy taking the lead on projects and managing other attorneys and legal assistants, and naturally take the initiative to solve problems and improve and streamline systems and processes. (Note: this role will not immediately involve managing other members of the legal team, but may grow into having that responsibility.) You are sufficiently experienced and confident as an attorney to embrace opportunities to do legal and advisory work outside of your primary areas of expertise, to meet the needs of a rapidly scaling and dynamic legal function and business.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a wide variety of commercial and employment agreements
- Advise on a broad range of commercial legal and employment issues and strategic decisions
- Work cross-functionally to identify, investigate and manage risks across the business
- Build and improve our standard form agreements and legal processes
- Help to resolve and avoid potential disputes
- Analyze and provide guidance on evolving rules, regulations, and trends impacting the tech and healthcare industries
- Assist in managing corporate matters, including board/shareholder matters and equity plan administration
What success looks like 90 days in:
- You now lead the process of drafting new—and reviewing and improving existing—commercial and employment agreements, and involve and coordinate with outside counsel, the Head of Legal and Risk, Director of People Operations, and other functions across the business, as necessary
- You have created new and streamlined existing processes to generate and update commercial and employment agreements across a number of different jurisdictions
- You have created and own a system for staying up to date on and ensuring the business’s compliance with evolving rules and regulations, including with respect to licensing and data privacy/security
- You are supporting the legal function and advising the business in other areas as needed, including with respect to the development and execution of new and existing products, initiatives, and lines of business
Need to have:
- JD, admission to a state bar, and at least 5 years of relevant transactional experience (preferably including at a top firm) in the U.S.
- Bias toward action and solving (not just spotting) problems
- Ability to take ownership of your work and manage projects independently
- Excellent communication and writing abilities
- Comfort and skill navigating complexity and ambiguity and working on a leanly staffed team
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Agility and flexibility to take on new tasks and responsibilities when necessary to support the business and legal team’s needs in a fast-moving, rapidly scaling, and dynamic tech company
- Reliable coverage, as part of your daily schedule, of the hours of 2 pm – 6 pm PST, Monday through Friday
Nice to have:
- Intellectual property expertise
- Experience working cross-culturally and with diverse, global teams
- Experience providing legal support for a variety of corporate transactions through all stages of the transaction lifecycle, including M&A, securities and technology transactions