OpenSea (501+ Employees, 888% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We’re looking to add a stellar attorney to our growing legal team who can help assist OpenSea with its ongoing litigation and pre-litigation claims. In this role you’ll work directly with the legal and business teams to help OpenSea defend itself from pre-litigation claims, manage outside counsel on OpenSea’s ongoing litigation matters, and assist us with a wide range of other legal issues ranging from regulatory work to assisting on employment matters.You will play a key role in helping us continue to grow in a smart sustainable way, and will be called upon to use not just your training and background, but creativity and thoughtfulness in helping us be the best company we can be.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop strategies, perform fact research, and draft responses to pre-litigation claims.
- Oversee and manage outside counsel on selected litigation and arbitration OpenSea is facing.
- Help develop our bigger picture strategy to understand and help defend against litigation issues we may face.
- Provide advice and counseling to our People and Recruiting teams on employment legal issues.
- Investigate and respond to any claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other inquiries that OpenSea may receive.
Who you are:
- Strong civil litigation experience, including extensive experience performing legal research and drafting briefs.
- Enthusiasm and interest in NFTs and the legal complexities of NFTs.
- A breadth of experience – the ability to be conversant in IP law, employment law, and regulatory compliance are all huge plusses.
- Bias toward action and problem-solving; we’re looking for candidates who have the skill, knowledge, and experience to handle the vast majority of the questions they receive without needing to rely on outside counsel.
- We are looking for creative problem solvers who have a passion for solving novel legal problems at the forefront of places where law, technology, and regulation meet.
- Experience with employee law and employment benefits
- An IP litigation background
- Experience in litigating issues relating to cryptocurrencies
- Deposition and trial experience