*Given our work with health plans sponsored by the US government, this posting is for US-based citizens only.*
DocStation takes pharmacists from pills to patients. We analyze data provided to us by our partner health plans and pharmacies to find care opportunities where pharmacists can make a large impact on patient health. To make this work, we pair our easy-to-use interface with our efficient data pipeline to help pharmacists focus on what they do best: care for patients. We’re an early stage company looking to transform the $3.2 trillion healthcare industry via the $450 billion pharmacy industry.
About the role
DocStation processes millions of healthcare records every day and we’re looking for an experienced data engineer to help continue our creation of scalable data infrastructure. You’ll work with teams across the company to help solve their data needs. Your work will give the company and its customers visibility into the populations for which they care.
What you’ll do
– Work with the product and analytics teams to build and continue to evolve data models and data flows
– Build and maintain core data infrastructure that scales with DocStation’s data and team growth
– Design alerting and testing to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our data pipelines
– Collaborate across DocStation to identify shared data needs in order to build efficient and scalable pipelines that meet business needs
What you’ll bring to DocStation
– The ability to break complex data needs down into practical, high-impact solutions
– Experience developing and maintaining scalable and reliable data pipelines with best practices for managing Airflow and similar scheduling tools
– Experience writing and debugging ETL jobs using a distributed data framework (Hadoop/Spark)
– Experience working with analytics tools such as Tableau or Looker
– Fully distributed company – work from wherever you’re most comfortable
– Competitive pay and equity
– Great health benefits for you and family
– Equipment you need to do your job, including a home office stipend
– Annual education allowance
– Monthly self-care allowance
How to apply
Submit your application with a highly detailed cover letter that talks about the following:
– A time you had to solve a scaling issue with an existing data pipeline
– How you prefer to work with other engineers to discover and help build the infrastructure to support their needs
– Anything else you’d like us to know
*DocStation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.