FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We’re a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it’s churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH’s growth.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal’s cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
Reporting to the Data Scientist Lead, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join Farfetch in building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, and Natural Language Processing algorithms. You will join a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Designers to help build and increase, through research and experimentation, our data-driven products.
WHO YOU ARE
- Develop algorithms in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Information Retrieval (IR) with a focus on search relevance.
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work with the engineering team to integrate machine learning (ML) algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and inspire creativity inside the company;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- MSc or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- 4 years’ experience in a Data Science related role, working within a Retail and E-commerce environment;
- Fluent in Python and Data Science & ML packages (Pandas, nltk, spacy, scikit-learn, gensim, keras, and TensorFlow);
- Experience with NLP (word embeddings, named-entity recognition, information extraction) and Search (Elasticsearch, Lucene, relevance matching);
- Used to building and delivering ML products;
- Experienced in English (both written and spoken).
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.