AbleTo (501+ Employees, 98% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
The Data Science team develops and deploys data driven models to 1) target appropriate members who would benefit from our behavioral health programs using claims data, 2) optimize provider network and call center workflows using operational data, and 3) build other data products to support business stakeholders. We are a team of multidisciplinary scholars making a meaningful impact on members’ quality of life. We leverage cutting-edge technologies in feature engineering, machine learning, operations research, and MLOps. We have been playing a crucial role in the company’s rapid growth, and will continue to support internal and external stakeholders to provide high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care.
What You’ll Do:
As a Data Scientist at AbleTo, you will work in a uniquely cross-functional capacity, helping teams across the organization apply analytical rigor to their decision-making:
- Design and implement model features using medical and pharmacy claims data, engagement data, and other data sources.
- Build, maintain, monitor and improve numerical model pipelines in one or multiple areas of Data Science expertise, such as machine learning, linear programming, causal inference, MLOps, etc.
- Collaboration: You will work with teams across the organization to design and build data-driven solutions, and add value to the company.
Who You Are:
- Advanced degree (MSc or PhD) from a highly quantitative discipline, such as statistics, physics, computer science, electrical engineering, operations research, etc.
- At least 3 years of professional/similar experience in relevant industries is required (payers,claims, digital health, epidemiology, pharma, EHR data, etc).
- Solid knowledge of statistics. Previous experience in applying statistical concepts in business / policy / research settings.
- High proficiency in Python / R, Linux and cloud computing.
- High proficiency in machine learning using xgboost, scikit-learn, Spark MLlib, etc.
- Highly skilled in data processing and analytics with SQL, Pandas (Python), PySpark, etc.
- Hands-on experience in handling large-scale datasets, thoughtful feature engineering, and predictive model pipeline development and deployment.
- Experience with production data science best practices.
- Experience with healthcare data, psychology, or operations research is a plus
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experienced in collaboration of machine learning product development with other engineers and scientists.
- Thrives in a team environment, and focuses on the success of the team and company.
- Both technically and strategically savvy. Strives to work smarter, not harder.
- Passionate about the advancement of technology and how it can improve our workflow.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company. We want you to show up and feel your best at work, and that means respecting your time outside of work. Our inclusive, flexible workspace prioritizes a work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees), and professional perks such as 401K matching, fully funded HRA, and generous time off, including mental health days because your well-being is important to us.
At AbleTo, we’re empowering people to get better and stay better. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying for this role today.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.