1Password (501+ Employees, 307% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
This Senior Developer position is for one of the many teams that work on the 1Password.com service: The Insights team. The Insights team makes data useful. Our team charter is to find intuitive and helpful ways to surface data that empowers 1Password account administrators to make informed decisions. We value delivery by design and as Sr Developer you will bring data insights to life for our business clients by designing secure data systems and building data visualizations, dashboards, and interactive reporting that help out clients stay safe and productive. We embrace the challenges of delivering high-quality data and insights without compromising our commitment to privacy by design.
A very important part of this job is approaching new challenges with curiosity and the drive to fix root causes, not paper over symptoms. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- A profound respect for user privacy and information security.
- A passion for analyzing data to find meaning amongst the chaos
- A critical eye for detail while understanding that perfection is the enemy of good
- An enthusiastic attitude to learn while tackling new features and make existing ones better
- A healthy balance of being able to work collaboratively while also taking responsibility for assigned tasks.
- A willingness to make “someone else’s problem” your problem.
- Experience with directing the complete development lifecycle of a project from initial planning, through development, and into customer support.
On the technical side:
- Experience working in any modern server-side language, with bonus points for Go. Demonstrate abilities in other server-side languages and we trust that you will learn Go just fine.
- Familiarity with TypeScript and modern frameworks like React are certainly nice to have, but not required.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and advocating for scalable solutions.
- Show an appetite for clean, idiomatic code that’s easy to read and maintain
Bonus points if you have experience:
- With Elasticsearch
- Building integrations with SIEM systems
- Building systems that deliver large data sets reliably.
- Interacting with 3rd party technical teams
What you can expect:
- Building, deploying, and maintaining new features in the web app, specifically around reporting.
- Connecting directly with customers to learn how they use the features we build and where the experience could be better.
- Writing a lot of Go, Typescript and Sass with robust unit and integration tests.
- Documenting the decisions you make when creating new features so the rest of your team members can follow along.
- Developers are empowered to propose new solutions and encouraged to innovate. You have the support to solve problems your way, and the opportunity to make your mark.
- We pause regular work streams every so often to learn and have fun. Weeklong hackathons, customer focused days, online gaming, tech talks, quiet reading, and on it goes.
Even if you don't tick all those boxes, we'd like to hear from you.
The most important thing you can bring to this job is the drive to dive in, get the work done, and fix root causes instead of treating symptoms. We believe in continuous learning and support professional development on the job with a budget to back it up. If you bring a desire to do the right thing for our customers, a sense of ownership over the product you work on, and a focus on shipping quality code, we want to hear from you.
We are a collaborative group where the team succeeds as a whole. We understand that balance is important in life and deeply value our supportive and flexible work environment. We strive to do our work asynchronously most of the time and jump on Zoom if needed. This workflow gives us great flexibility and creates an environment of freedom to get our work done in the way that best suits us. We all thrive in different conditions. We encourage you to work when you're at your best, and check in with your team during core hours that work for everyone.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> Wellness spending account
> Generous PTO policy
> Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> Complimentary Headspace membership
> Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> Retirement matching program
> Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> Paid volunteer days
> Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> Fully remote environment
> Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.