Who we are
Founded in 2011, Pindrop is the leading provider in security and identity verification/authentication, for voice. As the industry experts of vocal verification, the company’s “acoustic fingerprinting” technology enables major global banks, top-tier healthcare providers, and leading retailers etc. to detect fraudulent calls and authenticate legitimate callers, helping customers eliminate financial losses seamlessly.
Pindrop’s technology analyzes over 1,300 different features helping us identify the uniqueness of a device and the caller. Our “acoustic fingerprinting” technology integrates with companies internal systems and identifies people’s voices, locations, devices, and more. This data is added to a database for future reference to help separate legitimate callers from scammers. Pindrop’s technology creates a unique fingerprint tied to the call. This fingerprint will identify a fraudster (or legitimate customer) regardless if the voice is manipulated, the number is changed, or even if the caller is changed (as in a fraud ring or fraud call center). No other solution can do this, and the validation of customer identity is completely non-intrusive.
Today Pindrop’s core business, “Agent”, is growing at 40% YoY, while our emerging business, “IVR”, is growing 400-500%, and our rapidly emerging IoT business is showing strong early indications. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop has raised over $223M in capital by premier VC’s including Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What you’ll do
- Design, document, build, maintain, and support a wide array of complex infrastructure and services
- Own key components of our deployment pipeline and operational infrastructure
- Work on multiple assignments at once, collaborate with the larger teams to establish and use best practices
- Analyze performance/usability challenges and propose innovative solutions to solve them
- Proactively enhance monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities
- Look at every manual process and find ways to automate/code it into a highly reliable and reportable system
- Automate software deployment processes and continuously improve our CI/CD posture
- Mature our processes from ad-hoc to optimized
- Take complex systems and make them seem boring because they are so reliable
Who you are
- You have the ability to understand hardware/software/cloud platforms from the ground up, become a subject matter expert on it, and have the ability to troubleshoot, configure, and repair the platform
- You have demonstrated the ability to make relevant, specific, and high value recommendations to the design or implementation of a platform. This includes categories such as automation, features, security, manageability, etc.
- Startup experience is a requirement. The candidate must possess the ability to “wear many different hats”, juggle multiple priorities, context shift quickly, and thrive in an environment where you don’t have a strictly defined job definition
- Very self motivated and work with minimal supervision
- See a problem, own it, solve it, do it
- You have a passion for technology and are constantly researching new/emerging solutions
- Not afraid to dig into technology you’ve never used before, work on high value systems, or racking servers if that is what is needed to be done
- Be part of an on-call rotation with occasional night/weekend work
- Have the ability to troubleshoot a problem and then teach the team/company on your findings
- Extensive Redhat/CentOs/Ubuntu linux administration experience
- Expertise in Chef/Ansible/Terraform/Packer/Helm/Flux
- Scripting expertise, preferably Python and Bash
- Knowledge of some or all of our toolset: Jenkins, Github, Nginx, VMWare/Proxmox, Splunk, ELK, Artifactory, DataDog, containers, etc
- Experience working with many AWS/GCP infrastructure services such as EC2, RDS, S3, EIP, NLB, Route53, Kubernetes, and more
- Experience with networking concepts within firewall, switch, and router configuration including: VLANs, DNS, VPNs, BGP, ACLs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience identifying security vulnerabilities with the associated ability to remediate them in a timely manner
- MySQL/MariaDB experience in both building highly available systems as well as writing complex queries
- Demonstrated history working within a distributed architecture and CI/CD best practices
- Telephony infrastructure experience a plus
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and thus the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company holidays
- Unlimited paid time off
- Remote-first culture – including monthly work from home stipends
- Annual professional development and learning budget
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with 401k match
- Affordable health, vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Flex schedules
- Best in class tools and tech stack
- Fun activities to celebrate our accomplishments as a team
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
What we live by
Pindrop is driven by our DEPTH values. These are reflected in our goals and the base of our team’s peer awards.
Act with Deliberate urgency.
Create Evangelical customers.
Passionate about the fight.
Playing for the Team.
Make Hard easy.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.