Day One Biopharmaceuticals (51-200 Employees, 736% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com.
We are seeking a Senior Director of HEOR (Health Economics and Outcomes Research) who is responsible for developing and implementing global HOER and RWE (Real World Evidence) strategies for Day One’s portfolio of products. The responsibilities include all phases of outcomes research, design and implementation of retrospective database studies, assessment of patient reported outcomes, epidemiological studies and economic modeling. This role will be a pivotal member of the Global Market Access team, and the cross-functional tovorafenib launch team and this position will report to the VP, Global Market Access.
This position has the potential to be fully remote. Occasional travel will be required for in person meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute the HEOR strategy for Day One’s portfolio of products and implement programs to document the burden or unmet need, patient reported outcomes (PRO), and health economic aspects of disease and the value of drug therapy to support pricing and reimbursement
- Research and perform critical analyses of clinical and scientific evidence including systematic reviews, RWE, PRO and economic modeling to support HTA assessments, disease management guidelines, and formulary evaluations
- Collaborate with other Commercial team members, such as the leaders of Marketing and Pricing and Access Strategy, to ensure payer positioning and messages align with outcome based evidence
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as Day One investigators or Study Program Committees to design, coordinate, and validate as required, HEOR related study design, protocols, measurement questionnaires, case report forms, data analysis plans, and final reports/publications
- Provide HEOR feedback to other functions, such as Product Development, Regulatory, and Business Development to support favorable pricing and reimbursement potential for both Day One’s in-line and developmental products
- Follow best practices for HEOR data collection, analysis, modeling, dissemination, and publication; Ensure the high quality of data collection and analysis
- Responsible for operating, resourcing, and managing HEOR activities
- Attend medical/scientific, RWD/RWE and HEOR professional meetings to keep up with changing trends and remain current within the field relating to new research and medical trends affecting each product area
- Manage vendors (e.g., data analysis and model development resources) for supporting the launch and sustainment of HEOR projects and channels
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Doctorate / clinical degree (MD, PharmD, etc.) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or related area
- 10+ years of current experience with health economics and outcomes research within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry. Previous experience with global reimbursement is preferred
- Demonstrate Day One’s core values and the attributes that support these core values (integrity, commitment, humility, collaboration, impact)
- Experience in Oncology or Pediatric rare disease
- Working knowledge of RWE (Real-World Evidence), HEOR, PROs and their applications to pharmaceutical development
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system and its changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information
- Effective resource/vendor management; can determine the appropriate use of internal vs. external resources and delivers results on time and on budget
- Understanding of FDA and other regulations impacting HEOR
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, influence, and communications skill with the proven ability to communicate effectively across all departments and levels of the organization and translate technical ideas and information into workable formats for colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and work diplomatically and tactfully with others
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.