SplashFinancial (51-200 Employees, 121% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Splash is a leading digital lending platform that helps borrowers easily shop and compare financial products from a Splash-powered network of lenders. By bringing credit unions and banks of all sizes into one shopping experience, and utilizing our proprietary automated underwriting platform, Splash aims to help people save thousands of dollars in interest payments.
Splash has raised over $60 million in venture capital, recently completing a $44 million Series B round from partners of DST Global, Citi Ventures, Detroit Venture Partners, CMFG Ventures and Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures. Over the past 18 months, Splash has tripled in size to around 170 people and we’re looking for incredibly talented and passionate team members to join in our mission to make people more powerful than their debt.
About the Role:
Splash Financial is seeking a strategic leader to join its engineering team as a Senior Engineering Lead. As a Senior Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for leading an engineering team through setting team goals and assisting the Director of Engineering with setting technical strategies for the next-generation capabilities.
If you’re at a point in your career where you’re ready for the challenge and excitement of shaping a program and scaling it exponentially, this could be the role for you.
What you’ll do at Splash:
- As an Engineering Lead at Splash, you will lead a team of Engineers, setting team goals, build engineering teams, and setting technical strategies for the next-generation capabilities
- Partner with product managers to ensure alignment with engineering and product priorities
- Implementing best practice engineering methods and striving for operational excellence across the teams
- Continuously look for opportunities to elevate the team by providing guidance and mentorship to Engineers and other Leads
- You will own the delivery of one or more of Tribe’s goals (OKRs).
What you’ll bring to Splash:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development life cycle for large scale products and services within an Agile/Scrum environment
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) new and current systems
- Experience hiring and building new technical teams from scratch, including recruitment, bootstrapping new development processes, establishing quality metrics and testing methodologies, and setting up automated deployments
- Ability to “Think like a CEO” and take ownership of issues/products that may not have clear ownership defined
- Comprehensive and affordable insurance benefits
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401(k) with company match
- 8 paid company holidays
- Home office stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Generous employee referral bonus
Employment at Splash is based on individual merit. Opportunities are open to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, handicap, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, affectional preference, or other irrelevant factors. Splash is an equal opportunity employer.