Auth0 (501+ Employees, 91% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Auth0 operates a cloud-based identity platform for developers.
US Remote East Coast; Canada Remote East Coast; Argentina Remote
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, it’s for you if you like to help people and teams to grow and if you like solving non-trivial problems.
The Fine Grained Authorization (FGA) Engineering team is building a highly distributed, scalable and easy to use FGA SaaS product for developers inspired by Google’s Zanzibar paper. This team has exciting and challenging product and technical challenges aimed at making it incredibly easy for application builders to implement FGA in their products.
This team is building their APIs with Golang and DynamoDB today. For front-end components we use Typescript and the Auth0 design system.
If you like building and empowering autonomous, talented and resilient teams, we can’t wait to talk to you.
- Build a great team: hire great, and coach and help them grow.
- Work closely with members of our Engineering Leadership and Product Management on cross functional roadmaps and development plans.
- Lead a team that continuously ships value to customers.
- Participate in the assessment and improvement of engineering processes and best practices.
- Work closely with the team’s stakeholders to prioritize work.
- Providing technical, product and business context to team members.
- Run people management activities such as coaching, 1:1s, performance reviews.
What you bring:
- You have 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- You have 5+ years as a software engineer and 3+ years working on cloud solutions.
- You’ve managed software engineering teams using iterative development practices.
- You have a passion for hard engineering problems.
- Have experience leading a highly technical team and are good at coaching teammates in all phases of their career.
- Know when to let the team figure things out on their own and also have the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands on.
- Know how to focus teams to achieve their goals.
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Like to lead by example.
- Are a great communicator.
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- Experience with Golang, AWS and/or DynamoDB.
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions for developers.
- Experience building highly reliable, scalable systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining public and secure APIs.
- Experience working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.