ThinkShout (11-50 Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re ThinkShout, a fully distributed digital agency and certified B Corp. We work primarily with nonprofits, and use technology to create positive impact locally, nationally and around the world. A few of the many clients we’re proud to work with: the World Resources Institute, Demos, Lehigh Valley Health Network, and Freedom House.
Our culture encourages growth, long-term thinking, and collaborating with the team to make good solutions into great ones. This is a place where you’ll find interesting puzzles to solve and a team that cares about building the right thing.
Check out what some members of our Dev team have to say about working at ThinkShout: http://bit.ly/TSdevteam
Senior Front End Developers:
- Translate design systems into elegant, performant and accessible sites
- Create clear, future-friendly front-end architectures to keep sites maintainable
- Work largely in Drupal and WordPress
- Collaborate with Technical Architects, Designers, Project Managers, and our clients
- Have an eye for design nuance and consistency
- Are curious and love new challenges
- 5 years of experience doing modern front-end development
- Familiarity with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1)
- Experience with Github or similar version-control environments
- Experience building complex Drupal or Wordpress websites with consistent design systems
- Experience with remote web development, clear communication and commitment to healthy team culture
- Experience working directly with clients or stakeholders
What You Do Not Need
- A college degree
- Any particular GPA
How You’ll Spend Your Time
- ~10%: Collaborating with Technical Architects to establish and maintain our projects’ front-end architectures
- ~5%: Defining clear tasks for other developers
- ~10%: Participating in code reviews and providing clear feedback to other developers
- ~15%: Internal work: All-team meeting, 1:1’s with your manager, work with others to refine best practices
Potential growth areas in this job include: progress toward the Technical Architect role (Front-end, Accessibility, or Back-end), process improvement, accessibility best practices, developer management.
We welcome applications from candidates across the country. We work hard to maintain 40hr work weeks, and we support flexible schedules.
The salary band for this position is $90-120k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 3% 401k company contribution
- Profit Share plan
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Good management support and a well thought-out yearly review process
ThinkShout is made up of people with a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We are honest and recognize that our company isn’t as diverse as it should be. We’re trying to change that. If you aren’t sure whether you qualify, please apply anyway. We would much prefer to have an extra application to consider than for you to screen yourself out. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better ([email protected] with subject line “Senior Front End Developer – Accommodations”). We’re happy to accommodate.
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format. We request that you do not submit a cover letter.
If you are selected to move forward, here’s what you can expect:
- Upon scheduling for Round 1, we will request some of your existing code for us to review
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 55-minute interview with the hiring manager
- Round 3 is a 55-min panel interview
We are looking to fill this position for a late August/early September start date.
Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.