Divvy Homes (51-200 Employees, 159% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Divvy Homes is a tech-enabled real estate platform that facilitates rent-to-own home purchases.
Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
At Divvy, we’re building an on-ramp to homeownership – one that’s more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the modern American family – and it’s working.
About the role
You will be able to leverage your creativity and skill set to make homeownership more accessible and equitable. The engineering team builds tools to support our consumer, agent and administrative products. At Divvy, you’ll own some of your projects from start to finish, support your teammates on other projects, and work collectively to scale our platform to thousands of new applicants and multiple new markets. Almost every project will require cross functional collaboration across the entire home buying process. You will work alongside a team of 8 engineers, 2 product managers, 2 data scientists, and about 40 other Divvy employees working on different parts of the business.
Buying thousands of homes a year requires effective and intelligent software. There are several different complex workflows that our software must support and each one presents us with its own unique set of nuances and challenges. Depending on your interests and career objectives, you will work towards solving challenges across three broad domains:
1. Consumer experience – We want to make finding and buying your next home easier than renting. This involves building an intuitive application experience, nurturing the relationship between applicants and agents, recommending homes, and hand-holding the customer through the process.
2. Data Intelligence – Given that we are a financial product, we need to ensure that we are selecting the right candidates into our program (those with a high likelihood of becoming homeowners), and pricing our offering as fairly and accurately as possible. You would work alongside our data-science team to visualize models and leverage our datasets to reduce risk and build a more effective product.
3. Scaling Workflows – Our goal is to buy thousands of homes in the coming years. Buying a home involves considerable complexity, and we want to remove as much human touch from this as possible. We need to build and support multiple workflows and UI’s automatically underwrite customers, generate competitive offers, thoroughly and thoughtfully inspect homes, support and service our tenants, and much more.
- Be opinionated, open-minded, and respectful
- Guide the team to make practical and intelligent decisions
- Work across our stack of React, NodeJS (ES6), Postgres, RabbitMQ
- Partner with product, design and ops to design and build a simple and scalable product
- Become a domain expert in real-estate
- You have multiple years of software development experience
- You are comfortable writing new components and modifying existing ones
- You have experience and an understanding of the entire stack (front-end to database)
- You demonstrate a desire for readable, testable, and performant code
- You have empathy for your peers and our customers
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Work Remotely (with a decent overlap of USA business hours)
- Compassionate and mission focused co-workers
- The opportunity to transform the lives of our customers
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.