Blockworks (11-50 Employees, 142% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
You’ll work on a small team of engineers, with very close and frequent interaction with a product manager, our CTO and one of our co-founders to design, create and improve a new product we are bringing to life. After the MVP is finished, you’ll continue to build new features and iterate on the product based on feedback from our users and findings from analysis of the market.
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Engineer who has a passion for building web experiences users will love, has strong design sensibilities, and is comfortable working with both front end and back end code. Most of your work will involve building out the front end of the product.
This is a unique opportunity to influence the product and technical direction of a fast-paced, growing startup.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of frontend experience using React
- Experienced with Next.js, Typescript & Tailwind
- Experience building and scaling web apps, preferably SaaS
- Comfortable integrating with REST APIs
- Demonstrated ability to make beautiful applications
- Well-versed in modern frontend frameworks and best practices, including a robust knowledge of web application performance
- Comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations with changing or unknown requirements
- Prior experience in a small startup or incubator environment
- Strong project scoping and project management skills
- Bonus: crypto & media experience, experience making product decisions based on data and A/B testing; SEO knowledge
Salary & Benefits:
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
What We Need From You:
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please apply with your Angellist profile and Resumè!
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.