RevenueCat (11-50 Employees, 282% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
RevenueCat makes building, analyzing and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator’s summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $1.2B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 50 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We’re a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to build and enhance our products which help RevenueCat customers make better data informed decisions. As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the team, you will play an instrumental role in building products and tools which provide effective solutions for our internal and external customers.
- You have 6+ years of experience working as a frontend engineer building web applications
- You have hands-on experience in technical leadership and influencing the teams in setting the technical direction and best software engineering practices.
- You have a strong fundamental understanding of user experience principles and you have user experience in mind when thinking about the technical solution.
- You know how to ship high quality code using good testing practices and in iterative cycles
- You can independently design and implement product features, but aren’t afraid to seek assistance when needed.
- You have excellent communication skills and can partner effectively with teams in a fully remote environment. You are comfortable discussing complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with frontend build pipelines and developer tooling is a plus.
- Work with Product, Design and other engineering teams to scope and implement product features & technical initiatives and contribute to the full development cycle from planning through launch
- Work with backend teams to help design and integrate API’s Be a part of incident response and on-call rotation and help with root cause analysis and solutions
- Contribute to standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help mentor junior engineers on the team to grow their technical expertise
In the first month, you’ll:
- Ship your first changes to our dashboard, likely in your first few days
- Learn how our frontend is built, maintained, tested, and deployed
- Fix a handful of annoying UI bugs to get your feet under you
- Begin reviewing code and add to our engineering culture
Within the first 3 months, you’ll:
- Gain confidence in tackling most tasks in our code base
- Have suggestions to improve the way we ship frontend features
- Have coordinated closely with our backend team to shape APIs to drive frontend features
- Have discussed with the design team on how to improve our user experience
Within the first 6 months, you’ll:
- Know all the major components of our apps and be able to debug complex issues
- Have helped ship new, non-dashboard web apps that help developers
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and our infrastructure
Within the first 12 months, you’ll:
- Be able to spec, architect, and build any feature we might want to build
- Have a roadmap for big improvements we need to make to how we deliver frontend
- Be able to jump into almost every area of the codebase and feel confident about making changes and improvements
- Devise and implement a testing strategy to help us ship faster
- Mentor other engineers joining the team
What we offer:
- $173,000 to $194,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth