Redesign Health (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively, Ever/Body, Calibrate, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, Intrinsic, UpLift, Kins, Keen, Overalls, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
About the Job
Redesign is looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be involved from conception to completion with web projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive for our operating companies.
- Responsible for development of highly-responsive, web-based user interface
- Understand the pitfalls of displaying vast amounts of data and how to work around them
- Work and collaborate with the rest of the Engineering team
- Work collaboratively with the Product team including Product Managers and Designers
- Solid understanding of user interactions
- Develop a flexible and well-structured frontend architecture, along with the APIs to support it
- Experience with REST API’s / backend services integration
- Experience with Agile development and is comfortable decomposing complex problem statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL or equivalent)
- Production experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud infrastructure platforms
- Successful track record of delivering and maintaining reliable, scalable, traceable and performant distributed systems to customers in a production cloud environment
Communicates. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Action Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
In-office: New York, NY
Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare – We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome – We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners – We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives – We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness – We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously – We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program