In short: Full-time position at Gustav as Senior Full Stack Engineer (Elixir + React.js), fully remote.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will join a growing distributed team of currently 4 great software engineers. We are looking for somebody with great attention to detail and design. You should be Senior in either Elixir or React.js and at least have Junior experience in the other technology. If you have Senior experience in Ruby or Python and are interested in learning Elixir, this is definitely an option and we would also strongly encourage you to apply.
You will be working on all aspects of the application from coding up user interfaces and components to building new endpoints or integrations. Our team has a good sense of humor and enjoys having fun. If you want to be part of this journey and shape the future of staffing, continue reading.
Work remotely: We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive. For this role, you would ideally be located in a US or European timezone.
Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: Get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 25 days. If you feel the need for a break just let us know and we will make it happen.
✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers at least once per year.
Make a big difference and grow with us: Work directly with company founders in a small and flexible team.
Throughout this process, you’ll have both asynchronous and real-time conversations with us utilizing tools that we use every day such as:
Conversations via Zoom – meet the team for each stage “in person” on video calls.
Access to a private Slack channel – chat directly with the founders to ask any questions you may have after having passed the 1st interview round.
Here’s a breakdown of our recruitment process:
1. Getting to know each other: You’ll spend some time chatting with us over Zoom to learn more about the company and the opportunity. (~30 minutes)
2. Skill assessment: You’ll complete a technical interview with one of our lead engineers to help us learn more about your skills and strategic thinking. (~1-2 hour)
3. Coding test: We’ll provide you with a small test project or coding test that you complete on your own time (~3 hours)
4. Personal conversation: We would like to get to know you better. This conversation will be with our CPO (Benjamin). (~1.5 hours)
6. Meet the team: You’ll get to meet the other founders (Daniel & Jan). We value team fit over everything else. (~30 minutes)
6. Hiring decision/offer: We are mindful of your time. Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you’ve passed them all and we are both happy you will receive a formal offer.
7. Final conversation (we would like to hire you): We are going to chat about any concerns you might have, on-boarding as well as any other details to get you started. (~1 hour)
We are lucky to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: US or European timezone.