Blockworks (11-50 Employees, 142% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
We are looking for a (Senior) Full Stack Engineer with fluency in PHP, Laravel, Symfony, or a similar web-based stack, who has experience building and maintaining editorial web interfaces that are served to ~1M MAU’s.
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role and field
- Experience working with an MVC framework such as Laravel, Symfony or Phalcon
- A solid understanding of React
- Experience interacting with the third-party APIs
- Experience with Cloud Platform (such as AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience with source control, code review, and management of repositories with Git
- Proficiency in Sql, preferable MySQL
- Good understanding of how WordPress works and how to implement plugins is a big plus
- Ability to implement a pixel perfect and responsive HTML version of a Figma design template
- A solid understanding of associated computer science fundamentals: object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithm design
- Enjoy working in a startup environment
- Experience with unit & integration testing and monitoring
- Interest in digital assets and the overall crypto space
- Decent understanding of the crypto space is a plus
In this role, you will own the technical side of our current website and design and build new features as well as improving the scalability and maintainability. With blockworks.co, we are currently hosting a decently sized custom WordPress installation with a few complex frontend related features we want to roll out soon. The frontend part of these features will be implemented as reusable React components.
In the long-term, we are planning on getting off of WordPress. We are looking for someone that understands the whole picture first and is capable of leading the project of a full custom built of the site when we are ready.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
Salary & Benefits
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
What We Need From You:
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please apply with your Angellist profile and Resumè.
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.