Earnity (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
We are an international team of passionate fintech veterans with a shared belief that managing crypto should be much simpler. That’s why we are building a new way to learn, earn, and exchange crypto assets. Before coming together, we founded companies, built amazing fintech products, and raised capital with some of the world’s best.
What We Are Building
We are building an easy-to-use crypto marketplace to help make mass adoption as seamless as possible. Through multiple integrations and partnerships, our product provides one place to buy, earn, sell, and exchange crypto assets, decentralized finance (DeFi) tokens and protocols, and non-fungible tokens (NFTs). In addition to the buy, sell, exchange elements, we also provide a new kind of social-first crypto information platform that allows verified users to interact with each other in a way that will make creating and sharing better quality and higher value information easier.
Why We Do It
The revolution of code-based money and financial services will change the world — for the better. We want to help lead the charge and educate people about how they can take more control of financial matters. We believe most of the world is still missing out on the opportunities in crypto and DeFi because these new technologies are still cumbersome to use. Accessing decentralized financial products shouldn’t require twenty steps – just like taking control of your money shouldn’t require a degree in cryptography.
Whether you are investing in your future here on earth or planning to buy an island in your favorite metaverse, we’re working hard to become your trusted crypto marketplace that makes this new form of finance easy and inviting for all, without compromising on security, safety, and privacy.
We’re looking for a Sr. GL Accountant to add to our growing Finance team. This position requires the grit and creativity that comes with supporting a high growth startup.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation based on research and analysis
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all Company cash, prepaid expenses, inventories, and liabilities are properly recorded and accrued
- Review platform transactions and track the activity of cryptocurrency inventory
- Partner with various departmental leaders to hold monthly accrual meetings
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process
- Research and document analysis of technical accounting issues (i.e., adoption of new accounting pronouncements, significant or new transactions, areas of judgment, etc.)
- Facilitate requests from external auditors
- Document and drive projects to improve processes for assigned areas
- Support special ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or similar area of study
- 3-5 years of experience as an accounting professional, ideally with some experience working for a public accounting firm
- Direct work experience with, passion for, or interest in cryptocurrency
- Demonstrated experience in proactively applying technical accounting guidance as business processes change
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of US GAAP, and experience operating within SOX control environment is highly desired
- Capitalized Internal Use Software (ASC 350-40) and Website Development (ASC 350-50)
- Experience working with Netsuite or equivalent ERP systems
- Experience as an external auditor a plus
- CPA a plus
What we offer
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive market-rate salary & stock options
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO